Chapter 22 - Powerful Gift

____________________________
///ARTHUR LEYWIN'S POV///

.
It has been a day since my fight with lucas. But unexpectedly, a few hours after our class ended, Claire informed me that Lucas attacked some random fifth year. This assault ended up with him in detention, that's probably just good news for me.

"Art, are you okay man? You've been spacing out this entire time." Elijah, who was sitting next to me at the cafeteria, inquired.

"Oh it's nothing, just thinking about how i can grow even more stronger" i replied, making him laugh for some reason.

"Pfft! You're still trying to become more powerful despite the fact that you're already stronger than the professors here? What else do you want! I should be the one saying tha-"

I cut off his sentence by staffing his blabbering mouth with a lump of bread that i picked from his plate.

"Shut up and just eat already" i muttered in a salty tone before retracting my hand.

'Now back into the main topic, whilst i was proud of myself in being able to beat him easily unlike the original one, that fight with him made me realize something so disappointing.'

It made me realize that my progression in strength is only faster by a bit, sure i unlocked the sound deviant, but i don't really know what to do with it right now.

I wish i could use illusion magic already, but being able to create aether blades is my priority. This thought of mine made me sigh.

'can't believe that i'm thinking of creating an aether blade even though i could barely make a sword handle out of aether.' my mind is spinning in self disappointment as i drank some pineapple juice.

While i was feeling the juicy liquid running down my throat, a thought, which was so indicent caused my mouth to burst open and ended up spraying the juice right into Elijah's face.

"Holy cow?!! What are you thinking!" Elijah's ringing voice was ignored by my mind, which was entirely focused on one imagination.

'Without me getting injured from that fight, tessia will no longer kiss me!!'

.

.

.

.
__________________
///In his class///

"I'm not sure how many of you know my name, but I believe that most of you at least know who I am. My name is Arthur Leywin, a disciplinary committee member, the only son of two wonderful mages, a doting brother, and your new professor. Let's get along."

Almost exactly in sync, the students that filled the classroom stood up in disbelief and some in anger as they shouted to stop kidding around and get back to my seat.

"You expect us to believe that a brat like you is our new professor?" one of the second-years exclaimed.

"Stop messing around and get back up here! Who do you think you are?" one short first-year barked.

I let out a pained breath as I relished the thought of being able to teach this class while lying down.

This would be a lot easier if Professor Glory or Director Goodsky let the class know that I would be teaching beforehand. She should have at least given me an official document to prove that I was the new professor, but knowing her, I couldn't help but wonder if Director Goodsky did this on purpose.

It, at least, seemed like something she would do.

"Mmm… would you guys believe me if I said that Director Goodsky appointed me to be the professor for this class for the remainder of the semester?"