Chapter 15 - Not a Horn

.

.

"..." A few seconds went by as we kept silent, i could see his face turning more surprised as his eyebrows are rising slowly.

"You.."

He stopped, seemingly confused but kept his professional posture that i just saw for the first time since the start of our conversation.
.

"Yeah?" I spoke, my curiosity becoming larger.

'Why is this old man reacting this way?' i thought.

.

Ever since acquiring the ability to use mana rotation while being unconscious. I've always thought about growing my mana reserves, and i quickly realize why i wanted to achieve this so badly.

It is due to the ability that i possess, a continuous execution of mana rotation without the user needing to split his focus. Considering this fact, my mana reserves will be refilled every second without even me noticing it.

The only flaw that i can see is the limited amount of storage that this overpowered ability can fill. Sure, my mana storage got bigger when i sealed the ice enderman's will. However, compared to vitra blooded humans who has horns to further increase their mana reserves, mine is just not good enough.

.

'And for some odd reason, whenever my storage is filled, the mana rotation stops.'

'I theorize that the will's consciousness thinks that this is still his body, so obviously it will do mana rotation just like mana beasts do.'

But unfortunately, it was not perfect. After my core is refilled, the ice enderman's consciousness won't do anything else until i consume mana from my core again.

The truth is, i want the consciousness to continuously purify my core even if it was already full so that my mana progression becomes faster. But i guess that's the limit, how unfortunate.
.

"You know.. i've already done that before.. but.."

he stopped again, making me more annoyed because of the waiting.

'i see.. surely, someone has thought about this theory other than me and the asuras.. the ability to grow another part of the body and make it a storage for mana'

'this is the reason why cadell has a lot of mana, that og arthur had to end him quickly with destruction since he will run out of aether first before cadell runs out of mana.'
.

"Hmm? Is there something that i need to know other than this sir?"

I teased, not wanting to express my annoyance. But then, Gideon unexpectedly sighed.

"I don't think that is possible.. i've already done this a few years ago with a few doctors helping but.."

"It didn't work?"

I cut his sentence short, not wanting to waste my time, talking about this man's past mistakes. I'm not all that good, after all.

"Yeah.."

"I see.. however, can i atleast try?" I pushed further, despite knowing that the possibility of it being a success is hard to gauge.

"No i don't think i can help you wi-"

Once again cutting his sentence off, i spoke after sighing impatiently  "wait.. mister gideon."

I paused, eyeing his eyes until his gaze avoided mine. I let out a scowl in response.

"If you don't want the blueprint then don't. I don't have to convince you, do you think i wouldn't have thought about the possible risks of this theory?" I asked.