Chapter 26 - Fake Prophecy

.
"Did you manage to kill him?"

As those words left my mouth, Varay's face showed an emotion that i think i know quite well.

"He.. escaped."

My colleague replied with frustration written all over her face. It has been a while since i saw this expression of hers, the first time was when she battled against the two dwarven lances a few years in the past, before our identities as a lance was even revealed.

No.. this time, she looks more frustrated, evident by the blood that came from her popped lips that can only be explained by her gritting teeth. The same can be said to me, although it was all about me blaming myself.

I am weak, i was even the first one to go down after only taking three hits. Weak. I wish i could train another talented fellow elf to replace me as a lance, how could i allow myself to become a lance despite not being competent enough for such a high position. Millions of doubt loomed inside my head as i struggled to stand up with my injured legs, looking around i saw hundreds of ice shards, black spikes, burn marks and some veins which was the evidence of the battle.

"I.. I'm sorry.. Varay, i didn't contribute enough in our fight against tha-" Varay held up his hand to stop my sentence, then spoke.

"It's not your fault, that guy is just too strong. I can't believe that a guy like him exist. Aleah, we must report to the council our encounter with that man." She stated, offering a hand which i held in order to stand up to my feet.

"I know that.. however.."

"Like Varay said, it's not your fault, and if it weren't for you, we wouldn't have been able to locate an entity that could possibly endanger the whole continent." Bayron, who was a few meters away from us, muttered with a hard breath.

I clenched my teeth before letting out a sigh, knowing the truths which were kept hidden from these human lances.

"Yes.. let's report to the council immediately."

Bayron.. the one who helped us locate that guy is not my sensory magic, it was Arthur Leywin. Even at first glance, i could tell that the kid is special just by the color of his core, and it's as if his surroundings even bend at his will naturally.

After what he said to me at the Xyrus academy, i got so much curious at the fact that a boy, which is almost at the same age as my brother, knows the existence of diviners that even the other races don't have any knowledge about.

Lance Aleah, i'm not saying this to discourage you. However, you will die at the hands of someone from the other continent.

After reading those unbelievable words, i felt annoyed and nervousness rushed through my head. Yet i continued reading despite the hardly believable words anyway.

I expected you to have your doubts towards this prophecy but, it's just the truth which the diviner had told me. Sooner or later, Lance Zero will assign a mission to scout the tunnels which were caused by huge worms on to you, it was first intended for Lance Bayron to execute. It is due to the fact that you're more capable in sensory magic. However, something that any of you hadn't expected will happen. First you will encounter a mutated Hades serpent, that mutated mana beast has the power of an S-class mana beast.

I was surprised at first but got more suprised after reading the next words.

The hades serpent that you and your team defeated, doesn't drop any mana cores upon death. When you and your reinforcement team realizes that fact, the man from the other continent which i was talking about earlier will appear. That man will massacre every single one of the soldiers that was assigned to assist you, and will leave you with a fatal injury, causing you to bleed to death, slowly.