Chapter 4 - Higher Rank

.

"Wow isn't it to much for me?" I asked while hiding my excitement.

"No not at all arthur, you taught our daughter such a useful technique. With this ability, i believe she can become one of the strongest mages in this continent by the time she grows" the elven king added, making tess giggle out of excitement.

"He's right brat, not to mention the fact that you made him awaken early so she can learn that technique" gramps second.

"Haha thank you your majesties, this will definitely be helpful for my mana core cultivation." I thanked them properly as we continued eating dinner.

After that, a couple months has passed and i was finally going to xyrus.

"While Alduin and Merial will be going in a separate carriage as the heads of this kingdom, Tess and I won't be going. This will be the last time we'll see each other for now. Until next time, Arthur!" Virion grabbed me in a strong hug, almost knocking Sylvie off of my head.

"I'll miss you Art! Remember to come visit again! Uu~ don't go chasing after human girls okay? Promise me, okay?" She sniffled, tears lining her eyes.

I chuckled heartily at his comment, finding it genuinely amusing. It was one of those moments when laughter was the only appropriate response. However, I quickly regained my composure and playfully questioned the reason behind my laughter. "Why should I though?" I teased, wanting to engage in a light-hearted banter with him. It was a way to prolong the enjoyable moment and keep the conversation going.

As our interaction drew to a close, I bid farewell to everyone present. "Goodbye guys! See you next time!" I expressed my gratitude and said my goodbyes, ensuring that the atmosphere remained positive and friendly. It was important to leave on a positive note, leaving a lasting impression of warmth.

I waved my goodbyes to both of them and followed behind Merial and Alduin after they gave me a sympathetic smile. I hadn't really gotten the chance to spend much time with the King and Queen but we were more comfortable with each other now.

I got into the carriage that the elf representatives were taking, while the king and queen were escorted into a separate carriage.

"Well look who it is! If it isn't the human brat! Did the royal family finally kick you out of the Kingdom?" An elf boy dressed in a very decorated purple robe smirked.

"Uh... I'm sorry but do I know you?" I lied.

"I'm the noble you mercilessly attacked while defying the customs of the duel!" He bolted up angrily, pointing an accusing finger at me.

It suddenly clicked. "You're the bug I sent tumbling!" I yelled out a bit louder than I had meant to.

"Y-you dare...!?" His face turned bright pink.

.

.

After a long journey, i finally reached the helsteas and reunited with my family.

After that, everything just flowed as the original timeline. The only difference is that i didn't activate the thunder clap impulse when fighting against Reynolds. Plus, he nearly had a heart attack as i revealed that i'm at the dark orange stage instead of light red.

Weeks passed by as i sparred with director goodsky, and she was very surprised by the fact that i'm already at the dark orange stage. But got more surprised and stumbled backwards after i revealed my quadra-elemental capabilities.

"Hahaha yes sir!!!" I shouted as i reached the solid stage of the orange color.

After sparring with the director, i felt quite a bit inferior so i decided to consume the mana inside one of the A-class beast cores. In the end, i ended up consuming one of the beast cores and reached the solid stage.