Chapter 3 - Faster Than The Original

.

"Art. Try absorbing mana while you are making movements. Ideally you should be able to absorb at least a fraction of the mana you would during meditation while you are fighting. Although you would be spending mana faster than you can absorb mana, you will be able to prolong the usage of your mana."

"Let me try," I nodded. Finally! It's time for me to learn mana rotation.

The reason why i hadn't practiced this at home is because i don't want some unpleasant things happening.

And so after barely perfecting the technique, sylvia collapsed.

"Sylvia, please tell me what's happening to your wound? Why is it getting worse? It wasn't like this before! You saying it was only a fester every now and then was clearly a lie! This isn't going to go away on it's own, it's actually getting worse!" I frustratingly voiced my concern one especially bad night after she had vomited a pool of blood.

Sylvia let out a deep breath, knowing that I had realized what was going on. Managing a sheepish smile, Sylvia whispered.

"Art. Yes I am dying. But I will get angry if you blame yourself, thinking that you are causing this. I have been dying for quite a while now. You are doing me a favor by allowing me to leave this forsaken cave a bit faster."

As soon as she finished speaking, a bright golden glow radiated out of her body.

Shielding my eyes from going blind, I tried to focus on the shape forming from where Sylvia once sat. In place of the ten-meter titan-like figure was a dragon even larger. From her snout to the end of her tail, she was a clad in a pearl white coat of shimmering scales.

The golden light enveloping the dragon dimmed until it fully replaced the once titan-shaped being.

Trying hard to act as if i'm surprised by his transformation, I asked.

"S-Sylvia?? Y..you're a dragon?" I said.

"Now That I am in this form, we do not have much time. Yes, I am something you humans refer to us as 'a dragon'. The reason I am dying is because I had been inflicted with this wound after narrowly escaping from my captors. I had sensed one of them approaching dangerously close a few days ago, so I feel that my time of hiding is drawing to an end. This form will alert them of my location, which is why I only have time to explain what is necessary. I am giving you this to take care of from now on."

One of her wings unfolded and revealed a rainbow-colored stone the size of two fists.

It's Sylvie's egg.

.

.

Time skip

.

After the incident in the cave, i immediately rushed towards the open trail that the original arthur set off.

I truly felt guilty that i am not very much affected by sylvia's death. But because of this feeling, i made sure to become stronger than the original arthur and try to kill cadell in our upcoming battle.

I will definitely wipe that scythe bastard out of existence, he even had the audacity to call arthur a lesseran despite being a vitra blooded human himself.

But first... I need to become stronger.. strong enough to kill him. However, i have already answered my own question.

Because i will have to reach the integration stage before fighting him.

.

.

After a few hours of jumping from branches, i finally found the carriage that is supposed to be the slave trader's mode of transportation. And the one that they will put tessia into. Slowly and casually walking towards the carriage, the guy that was named dejuice spotted me first.