Chapter 12 - Replacement

.

The two of us partied three times for the past few months, and we also met inside the guildhall a couple of times.
The reason why i'm partying with him is to see if his a good replacement.

This dwarf is quite tall for his kind, definitely inches taller than me, but i haven't entered my puberty yet so let's just wait and see.

His eyes are a bright brown, it's the same for his hair but with a few tints of red at its edges. The guy seems to be more slender than your average dwarf.

And his quite handsome as well.

Every time we meet, he would try to flaunt his status and power, and will always end up proposing to me to become the leader of his party.

"Well you yourself is quite excellent mister, you managed to get promoted to A-class a few months ago"

'yeah, he's a genius, if only the original arthur tried to stand out, he might've had this noble's attention'

"Well thanks for the compliment however.. my power is far from yours and that brat's..' He mickly mumbled, his eyes looking away.

'hmm? Is he referring to lucas?' i chuckled at my own guess.

"Who might that brat be?"

"It's lucas wykes sir" he replied which made me chuckle inside, surprised by my accurate guess.

'pfft, his quite envious.. however, i could make you stronger you know'

"Yeah you're one year older than him but his definitely one level above you, even if you're both A-classes"

I blatantly stated which seems to have caused two veins to pop out off his forehead. But to my suprise, he didn't say anything or let out a bloodlust.

'i guess he's not that bad compared to other nobles after all'

"But i have a way to make you grow stronger" i mused while taking out the lava golem's beast core.

"Here is an AA-class beast core that i gained a few months ago while raiding a dungeon" as i said that, it seems like this important gift left the guy's mouth hanging.

'well it's actually an S-class that me and sylvie fought, not an AA-class. If any one were to know that an AA-class adventurer like me killed an S-class beast'

'they will definitely get suspicious.'

"Hello? Do you not want to buy it?"

Barely recomposing himself, he replied hesitantly.

"Ha-How did yo-" deciding to cut off his sentence, i said.

"That's my secret"

Another silence rang before he let out a sigh.

"..sure.. i will buy it for a fitting price.. jeezz sir how did you even lay a hand on this kind of beast cores"

I just replied with a shrug

"I'll give you a 40% discount since you're attitude is quite good for a noble" i pointed out.

"Woah, you're actually going to do that?! Well thank you for the discount sir, i will definitely take this offer if it's okay with you" he replied with blushing cheeks.

Yeah, even if you seemed kind, you still have greed for power.

'it's obvious that not even a noble like you can afford an AA-class beast core, let alone an S-class'

"Shall we-" before finishing his sentence, i interrupted her.

"Wait, i have a question for you," i asked then adjusting my mask for some reason.