Chapter 30 - A Beat Down

.

Arthur Leywin's POV
.

I looked at Claire's eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks as she struggled to maintain her composure.

"Y-you.. your back!" She muttered between hard sobs, then unexpectedly threw herself at me.

"Yeah.."

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back, but before I let go, a maniacal laugh caught my attention. Looking forward, I saw a wide grin on the noble brat's face.

"Look what we have here! your arrival is quite faster than what draneeve and i initially expe-"

"What the fuck? Lucas you.. you turned into an addict?" I cut off, trying to suppress my laughter.

"..what?"

"Oh is that not the case? judging by your appearance, it seems like you took a drug that reduces your life span in exchange for a power that is only one or two steps ahead of your current power level"

"What nonsense are you talking about?!"

"Oh come on, did you think that you're the first to show massive growth after taking drugs given by the radical group?" While smirking, i took one step closer towards him, reminding myself to prolong this bastard's life until the lances arrive.

"I'm planning on playing with you for a while, but it seems that you really have a death wi-"

"I'm sorry to say this to you but, every person who took that drug died after just a few hours. Even if your core is higher than the previous cases, it will only make it so that you would last just a little longer than the previous ones." I interrupted.

Lucas was absolutely livid, his face contorted with anger and pulsating veins prominently visible. I couldn't help but scoff disdainfully at his obvious frustration.

However, my attention quickly shifted, as I diverted my gaze past Lucas and fixated it on the enigmatic laying figure of Tessia from a distance.

"..no .. that's fucking impossi-'

Boom

In a sudden and thunderous eruption that reverberated through the air, a deafening explosion erupted just inches behind me.

The sheer force of it sent shockwaves in all directions, causing the earth to tremble and a multitude of debris to be sent hurtling through the atmosphere. As the thick smoke billowed out from the epicenter of the blast, my bond revealed herself and walked slowly forward.

'papa! mama is in danger!'

Sylvie sent through our link, her feelings leaking through my head.

'don't worry sylv, i'll take care of her' i sent back.

[First phase: static void]

The color of the surroundings underwent a remarkable transformation as I abruptly halted time. Without hesitation, I initiated a deliberate and measured advance towards Lucas.

No, it is Tess towards whom I am purposefully striding.

My eyes narrowed with focus, completely disregarding the motionless figure of Lucas as I effortlessly bypassed him. I gracefully descended to my knees, ensuring a secure grip on Tessia, shielding her from the unyielding grip of the stagnant void. The same thing i did to Sebastian.

Swish

Everything had effortlessly returned to its usual state, yet it took a brief moment for Lucas to truly comprehend the fact that I had teleported right behind him.