Fired

PA: Please report to operating room 722 immediately.

[Rick Dicker comes out of the room where Gilbert Huph is hospitalized.]

[Bob, Maddie, and Rick conversate while heading to the elevator.]

(Maddie also got fired because she saw someone getting hurt and the principal wouldn't let her go and save the person. So she quit and went to Bob.)

Bob: How is he?

Rick: He'll live.

Bob: I'm fired, aren't I?

Rick: Oh, you think?

Maddie: What can I say, Rick?

Rick: Nothing you two haven't said before.

Bob: Someone was in trouble.

Rick: Someone's always in trouble.

Maddie: I had to do something.

Rick: Yeah. Every time you two say those words, it means a month and a half of trouble for me, Bob and Maddie. [reaches and presses the elevator button] It means hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars.

Bob: I know.

Rick: We gotta pay to keep the company quiet. We gotta pay damages, erase memories, relocate both of your families. Every time it gets harder. Money, money, money, money, money. W-we can't keep doing this, Bob and Maddie. [as he enters the Elevator] We appreciate what you two did in the old days, but those days are over. From now on, you two are on your own.

[The door closes, but Rick stops it to say some more words:]

Rick: Ummmm.....Listen, Bob and Maddie. Maybe I could relocate you two. You two know, for old times' sake.

Bob and Maddie: No. I can't do that to my family. Everyone just got settled. I'll make it work. Thanks.

Rick: Take care of yourselves.