Edna Mode

(Bob's and Maddie's getting ready for "work" and sees a tear in their supersuits)

Bob: Ah, jeez.

Helen: (offscreen) Hurry, honey! Or you'll be late for work!

Lucius: Have a great day, honey.

Maddie: Thanks.

Helen: Help customers, climb ladders...

Bob: Bring bacon?

Lucius: All that jazz.

(Bob and Maddie drive away. The camera then shows the gate of another house on top of a hill. A screen displays a video feed of a guard.)

Guard: You two have an appointment?

Bob: We're old friends. I just wanted to...

Guard: All visitors are required to make a reser--

Edna: (shoos the guard away) Hey, get back to work! Go check the electric fence or something! (to Bob and Maddie) What is it? Who are you two? What do you two want?

[Bob and Maddie lower their sunglasses]

Edna: My God, you've gotten fat and you've gotten taller. Come in, Come, come! (Gates open)

(Now Bob, Maddie, and E walk down a hallway.)

Edna: Yes, things are going quite well. Quite well. My God, no complaints. But, you two know, it is not the same. Not the same at all.

Maddie: Weren't you just in the news? Some show in Prayge...Prague?

Edna: Milan, darlings. Milan. Supermodels. HA! Nothing super about them. Spoiled, stupid, little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. FEH! I used to design for gods! ...... But perhaps you two come with a challenge, eh? I was surprised to get both of your calls.

Bob: E, I and Maddie just need a patch job.

Edna: Hmm. These are megamesh. Outmoded, but very sturdy. And you two have torn right through them! What have you two been doing, Robert and Maddie? Moonlighting hero work?

Maddie: Must have happened a long time ago.

Edna: I see. These are two hobo suits. Darlings, you two can't be seen in this! I won't allow it! Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now?

Bob: What do you mean? You designed it.

Edna: I never look back, darlings. It distracts from the now. You two need new suits. That much is certain.

Maddie: A new suit? Where the heck am I and Bob gonna get a new suit?

Edna: You two can't! It's impossible! I'm far too busy. So ask me now, before I again become sane.

Bob: Wait.... you want to make us... suits?

Edna: You two push too hard, darling! But I accept. It will be bold. Dramatic!

Maddie: Yeah.

Edna: Heroic!

Bob: Yeah, something classic, like Dynaguy! Oh! He had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots-

Edna: No capes! [She throws a paper ball at them.]

[This puzzles Bob and Maddie.]

Maddie: Isn't that my decision?

Edna: Do you two remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers. Nice man. Good with kids.

Bob: Listen, E...

Edna: November 15th of '58. All was well, another day saved when his cape snagged on a missile fin.

Maddie: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...

Edna: Stratogale! April 23rd, '57. Cape caught in a jet turbine.

Bob: E, you can't generalize about these things.

Edna: Meta Man, Express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex! NO CAPES! Now, go on. Both of your new suits will be finished before both of your next assignment.

Maddie: You know we're retired from hero work.

Edna: As am I, Robert and Maddie. Yet, here we are.

Bob: E, we only need a patch job. For sentimental reasons.

Edna: (she sighs) Fine. I will also fix the hobo suits.

Maddie: You're the best of the best, E.

Edna: Yes, I know, darlings. (whispering) I know.