On the Island

(The seven make it to shore)

Helen: What a trooper...I'm so proud of you.

Dash: Thanks, mom.

(Cuts to the cave)

Lucius: I think...your mom and uncle are in trouble.

Violet: If you two haven't noticed, Mom and Uncle Lucius, we're not doing so hot either.

Helen: We're going to look for them. And that means you two in charge until we get back, Violet and Loki.

Jack: What?!

Loki: You heard her.

Lucius: Put these on. (Hands the five masks) Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it. And if anything goes wrong, use your powers.

Violet: But you two said never to use...

Helen: I know what I said! [sighs] Remember the bad guys on those shows you five used to watch on Saturday mornings? Well, these guys are not like those guys. They won't exercise restraint because you five are children. They will kill you five if they get the chance. Do not give them that chance.

Loki: Dad and Aunt Helen?

Lucius: Loki and Vi, we're counting on you two.

Violet: There's something we...

Helen: We're counting on you two. Be strong. Dash, if anything goes wrong, I want you to run as fast as you can.

Dash: (way too excited) As fast as I can?

Helen: As fast as you can! Stay hidden. Keep each other safe. We'll be back by morning.

Lucius: Elsa and Jack, if anything goes wrong use your powers to the best of your abilities. Stay safe.

(Helen and Lucius run out of the cave. Then, Violet and Loki catches up to them.)

Loki: Dad and Aunt Helen! Dad and Aunt Helen, what happened on the plane? I'm sorry. [stammering] I wanted to help. I mean, when you two asked Violet to...I'm sorry.

Helen: Shh. It isn't either of your faults. It wasn't fair for us to suddenly ask so much of you two. But things are different now. And doubt is a luxury we can't afford anymore, sweetie. You have more power than you realize. Don't think, and don't worry. If the time comes, you'll know what to do. It's in your blood.

Lucius: But things are different now. And doubt is a luxury we can't afford anymore, son. You have more power than you realize. Don't think, and don't worry. If the time comes, you'll know what to do. It's in your blood.

(Helen and Lucius run off, as Violet and Loki stand there. They then put their masks on.)

(Cut to Mirage and Paul)

Mirage: They're not weak, you two know.

Syndrome: What?

Paul: Valuing life is not weakness.

The Lying Devil: Oh, hey. Look, look...if you two are talking about what happened in the containment unit, we had everything under control.

Mirage: And disregarding it is not a strength.

Syndrome: I called his bluff, sweetheart, that's all. I knew he wouldn't have it in him to actually...

The Lying Devil: I called her bluff, dear, that's all. I knew she wouldn't have it in her to actually...

Paul: Next time you two gamble, bet both of your own lives.

(They leave leaving Syndrome and The Lying Devil confused)