New Suit Showcase

(E, Lucius, and Helen are walking down a hallway)

Edna: This project has completely confiscated my life, darlings. Consumed me as only hero work can. My best work, I must admit. Simple, elegant, yet bold. You two will die.

Helen: E, I just...

Edna: I did Robert's and Maddie's suits, and it turned out so beautiful, I had to continue.

Lucius: E, It's great to see you, but I gotta tell you I have no idea what you're talking about. I just...

Edna: Yes, my words are useless. Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble! Too much of it, darlings. Too much! That is why I show you two my work. That is why you two are here!

[She adresses some scanning and coding...]

Edna: Edna Mode.

(An assortment of weapons aim at Helen and Lucius, who get in a defensive pose)

Edna: And guests. (The weapons retreat)

(E, Lucius, and Helen walk into room with a sitting area and a large glass wall, separating them from an area with three white walls.)

Edna: Come. Sit. (As Helen and Lucius sit down) Cream and sugar?

Helen: Thanks.

Lucius: Thank you.

Edna: I started with the baby.

Helen: Started?

Edna: Shh! Darling! Shh! I cut it a little roomy for the free movement. The fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin (the chairs start to move along with the model for the suits), and can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees. Completely bulletproof. And machine washable, darling. That's a new feature.

Helen: What on earth do you think the baby will be doing?!

Edna: Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared. I didn't know the baby's powers, so I covered the basics.

Helen: Jack-Jack doesn't have any powers.

Edna: No? Well, he'll look fabulous anyway. (The chairs quickly move back to their original spots causing Helen to almost fall off.) Your boy's suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out. A useful feature. Your daughter's suit was tricky. But I finally created a sturdy material that will disappear completely as she does. Your suit can stretch as far as you can, without injuring yourself, and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible... yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton. As an extra feature, each suit contains a homing device, giving you the precise global location of the wearer at the touch of a button. (Gives Helen the homing device) Well, darling? What do you think?

Edna: Lucius, I started with the baby for you too.

Helen: What?!

Edna: Shh! Darling! Shh! I cut it a little roomy for the free movement. The fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin (the chairs start to move along with the model for the suits), and can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees. Completely bulletproof. And machine washable, darling. That's a new feature.

Lucius: What the heck do you think the baby will be doing?!

Edna: Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared. I didn't know the baby's powers, so I covered the basics.

Lucius: Luna doesn't have any powers.

Edna: No? Well, she'll look fabulous anyway. (The chairs quickly move back to their original spots causing Lucius to almost fall off.) Your eldest boy's suit I designed to transform with him so he can turn into anyone or thing with no problem. Any sorcery and illusions will not affect the suit. All he needs to do for the illusions are ensure any illusions of himself are wearing the same suit. Your youngest son's suit was tricky. But I finally created a sturdy material that will disappear completely as he does and can withstand the freezing temperatures he's able to produce. Your daughters suit was rather difficult as I had to consider the abuse her suit would need to go through. Her suit can withstand unbelievable temperatures from the cold to heat, is fire-proof and waterproof. Any elements able to destroy a suit has been taken care of as it is indestructible. Your suit can also withstand the freezing temperatures you produce and your boots help you slide across ice with ease. Virtually indestructible... yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton. As an extra feature, each suit contains a homing device, giving you the precise global location of the wearer at the touch of a button. (Gives Lucius the homing device) Well, darling? What do you think?

Helen: *scoffs* What do I think!? Bob and Maddie are retired! We're retired! Our family is underground! You helped my husband and sister in law resume secret hero work behind my and Lucius' backs?!

Edna: Well, I assumed you two knew, darlings. Why would they keep secrets from you two?

Lucius: S-she wouldn't-didn't-doesn't.

Edna: A few men and women at Robert's and Maddie's age are often unstable. Prone to weakness.

Helen: What are you saying?

Edna: Do you two know where they are?

Lucius: Of....cours-

Edna: Do you two KNOW....where they are?