Fifty Eight

A post it with my name on it in runes. A post it with my name-Ah there it is. Méalla picked up the little pile of what feels like very old papers. She took off the post it, muttering to herself about being excluded from torturing the bastards while she scanned the first paper. Freya had written down the prophecy and Klaus sketched out the scenes they had saw. She flipped the page. The next were Freya's notes. She mentioned how Méalla's fate felt different. Méalla flipped the page again. It looks like it's in her mothers handwriting, from her grimoire.
Two will wake
One will fall
Five will sleep
One will daze
Méalla couldn't make sense of that. She flipped the page, coming across a spell for memory loss. It could be selective or total. She flipped the page again. There was also a spell to erase emotions.
Méalla was very confused. How did all of this relate to her and her fate in this doomsday prophecy?
Méalla put the papers down and blew out a frustrated breath. What the hell were Freya and Elijah on that they think she could figure this out? Freya was the magic one!
Her frustrated breath had blown one of the pieces of paper from the stack onto the floor. It was one she hadn't seen, it must have been stuck to another page. As soon as she touched it, voices filled her head.
It was Freya's voice, in pain.
Rebekah's sad.
Hayley's desperate.
Elijah's breathlessly agonized.
Klaus' angered.
Kol's mocking.
Finn's groans.
Cami's zoned out.
Alex's worried.
Davina's screams.
All at once it get like she was cursed with the the Tunde blade again, pain everywhere. She collapsed as her mind traveled.

Freya stood behind her sister, feeling guilty at the plan she and Elijah had cooked up. The papers were all too real, but they didn't need Méalla's help. They needed her safe. Elijah had suggested the blade.
Méalla was angry. And an angry Méalla could not be bargained with. Until they figured out what they needed to do, she could cause trouble. Even Klaus was not at her anger level at the moment.
She put a pillow under Méalla's head and went to work.

Freya just finished setting up for a spell by lighting the dozens of white candles that surrounded her around the room. She picked up the tallest candle from the far table and brought it over to the one she uses for spells, where she set it in the middle of the tabletop. She then reached behind her neck to unclasp her talisman necklace, winding the chain and the pendant around the middle of her left hand. She tightly clasped her hands together and begins her spell.
"Trete che che che mal nunc que frater septime dominae..."
Just then, Finn, in his original body, appeared behind Freya. She sensed his presence and immediately turned on her heel to face him. He smirked at her as the two of them take in the other's appearance.

"Sister."
"Finn. My brother, I believe it's time we had a talk."
Freya smiled at him, and he looks at her curiously.

"Elijah!" Méalla roared as she stormed into the compound, now decorated for Christmas. "Mom!" Alex cried gleefully from the balcony. Méalla held up a finger to say one minute.
"Elijah, come out here right now!" Méalla roared again, a very guilty looking Elijah and a tired looking Klaus coming out into the courtyard.
"I got there too late, Isabel had already pulled the blade out." Freya came rushing in behind Méalla.
"You stuck that fucking blade back in me, around Christmas and away from my daughters! Give me one good reason not to rip out your heart!" Méalla yelled.
"One by family." Klaus said quietly.
"Oh you bastard." Méalla spun on her heel to face Klaus.
"Méalla I'm sorry but you're dangerous when you're like this."
"Klaus is like this all the time and you've only stabbed him once!"
"Because Klaus is Klaus, his key characteristics are paranoia and suspicion. Yours aren't."
Méalla took deep breaths.
"Have we gotten Rebekah back yet?" She spoke quieter this time.
"I was just on my way." Elijah said. "I don't want your company."
"Fine."
"Can I hug you now mom?" Alex lightly tapped Méalla's hand.
"Of course baby." Méalla leaned down and picked up Alex. "Wait a minute, it's almost Christmas! Oh I wanted to start new family traditions this year with you. I missed almost all the time to do that. I'm sorry." Méalla kissed Alex's head in apology.
"We can still do something!" Alex said cheerfully. "Unless someone wants to stake my mom again." Alex raised her voice for her sarcastic comment.