Thirty Nine

HI HELLO YES I'M SO SORRY I DISAPPEARED MY HEALTH WAS SHIT AND I WAS FINISHING UP SCHOOL

Méalla woke up with a throbbing head ache, late in the morning. She had messages from Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah on her phone. Rebekah's new body had been recognized and attacked and Elijah had gone to see Josephine LaRue to figure with Gia to figure out why. Klaus, Hayley and Jackson had sent out wolves to find Finn and Klaus was out as well. He oh so kindly reminded her that Hayley and Jackson were still in the Compound.
Méalla groaned but got up, picking up Saoirse and heading down to the kitchen. She heard Alex's familiar laugh as she approached. She walked in on one of Hayley's wolves, Méalla believed her name was Anna, playing cards with Alex. Anna stopped as Méalla came in.
"Hey baby." Méalla kissed Alex's head as she passed by. "Don't stop on account of me. I just need to feed Saoirse."
"Did you just get up?" Anna asked tentatively.
"Yeah. I had a long night."
"Would you like me to hold Saoirse while you get everything ready?" The wolf seemed shy but genuine.
"Yes thank you so much."  Méalla said gratefully as Anna confidently took the baby from her. Anna started bouncing the baby on her hip as Méalla rattled around for baby food in the cabinets. She started small talking as she worked.
"What game were you two playing?"
"Spit. Alex is unfairly good at this game."
"Oh I know. She beats me every single time. How she manages to corral me into it I have no clue." Méalla laughed as she took Saoirse back from Anna and started to feed her.
"What can I say, I'm talented." Alex grinned smugly.
"That you are little one. That you are." Méalla ruffled Alex's hair.
"Want me to rattle up some breakfast? You look ragged and tired." Annaasked timidly.
Méalla fake gasped. "You call me, an Original Hybrid, ragged? How about you be my breakfast?"
Anna chuckled nervously and Saoirse dropped her stuffed wolf, similar to one Méalla made for Alex.
"No I'm just kidding. Anything you're especially good at?" Méalla asked, picking up Saoirse's wolf.
"The pack says I can make a mean crepe?" Anna suggested.
"Oh that sounds amazing. You're hired."
"Méalla, you can sit. Relax.  Alex, wanna learn how to make the best crepes in the world?'
"Heck yeah!" Alex got up from the table and Méalla watched the two of them start rummaging for ingredients. Méalla liked hearing the laughter after her bad night. Anna was beautiful, in a different way than Hayley. While Hayley was fierce with jagged edges, Anna seemed to be a softer strong, and quieter. Her black hair was in a messy ponytail, and she wore simple jeans with a cut up Wonder Woman tshirt. Méalla approved of her choice in heroes.

Alex had managed to get Méalla and Anna to play ten rounds of BS, winning every single one. Méalla ignored the texts from Elijah, forgot what Klaus said on his call, and totally avoided Hayley at all costs. Anna was quick to laugh and so Méalla didn't feel like the weight of the world was as heavy. The sorrow of the woman she loved was still pulling her down deep but the sound of laughter was helping her forget, if just for a bit.

"Méalla!" Méalla heard Klaus before she saw him. She got up and leaned against the doorway, waiting. Klaus stomped down the hall. "Tell Elijah not to trust a strange woman who can show us memories of her and our mother as Dahlia took her away and enlisted Mikael in keeping our daughters safe."
"Eventful day then." Méalla said as Klaus stewed.
"Did you not hear me Little Quill? Mikael! Father who tried to kill us how many times?"
"Oh no I heard. I'm waiting for the full story."
Méalla was silent as Klaus told her the events of the day. Hayley silently came in next to Méalla a few minutes in.
"Little Wolf! You will be pleased to know that Finn is no longer a problem. However, there are other dangers on the horizon. My father is on the loose. I need you to use your pack to find him."
Hayley frowned. "No. We already lost one of ours today, a good man. I won't let any more wolves die, Klaus."
"Mikael is a threat to our children!"
"Mikael is a threat to you. The pack will protect Hope if he comes, but I'm not going to let you use them just to settle your old scores!"
"And what about me, love?" Méalla said softly. Hayley gave her an apologetic look.
"Let me be as clear as possible: Your pack, your friends, your husband are a necessary means to keeping our daughter safe, but I am not running a charity hostel here." Méalla sighed, knowing what's coming next. Hayley glared at him. "If they are not fighting on my side, then they will not remain alive to fight at all." Klaus tried to storm off again, but Hayley shoved him backward to stop him.
"You do what you need to do to keep her safe, Klaus. I'll do the same, but if you ever, ever use her to try to manipulate me again, it will be the last time that you see either of us." Hayley angrily walked away from him, leaving Klaus looking furious out in the hallway. Méalla followed Hayley.

Hayley knew Méalla had entered the room without having to turn around. "If Mikael does come for the girls. Or you. We will stop him."
"Who was the good man you lost today?"
"Jerick. He was a gentle giant."
"I'm sorry. I knew him a bit."
"Would you say you're one of the pack, Méalla?"
"I'm a Mikaelson. We have no packs. Besides I would have been a possible Alpha so I don't think I'd be quite accepted."
"But you'd say Saoirse is?"
"One hundred percent."