Fifty Nine

Freya was clutching her talisman in her right hand and squeezing the enchanted stake in the other as she tried her best to cast a spell.
"Niax en at tem alach ti. Niax en at tem alach ti."
As she chanted the incantation, drips of blood start to drip from the inner and outer corners of her eyes like tears as she drained her already dwindling strength to cast the spell. Suddenly, Finn's spirit appears in front of her, looking exasperated and unhappy.
"The pain you endure for these monsters you call family..."
Freya opened her eyes in shock and looked up at Finn.
"Finn--"
Finn interrupted her.
"It isn't worth it, sister."
Freya shook her head in disagreement and clutched her hands into fists even tighter.
"It is. It has to be."
Finn frowned in concern at the danger Freya is putting herself in by helping their siblings.

Rebekah was sitting on the bed in her old bedroom with Hope, who was whimpering tiredly, as Hayley walked in to check on them.
"Don't fret! I haven't gone full hellion yet."
Hayley gave Rebekah a skeptical look, and Rebekah shrugged.
"No more than usual."
Hayley walked toward her and smiled.
"Well, that's good. I wouldn't want to have to kick your ass before I got to hug you."
Hayley reached out to Rebekah and wrapped her up in a tight hug for a long moment. After they pull away, Rebekah turned back toward the bed and picked up a beige sweater that was laying on the bed.
"You know, we need to talk about your sartorial choices. This is positively darling."
Rebekah turned back to Hayley, who chuckled.
"That's not mine. That is Cami's. She has been staying here the past few nights."
Hayley squirmed nervously before she continued on.
"Actually... Jackson and I have our own place now. Although we still can't manage to stay out of Mikaelson drama."
Suddenly, Rebekah's face grew cold.
"You don't seem to mind the family drama when you need something from us, like a decent dress or a babysitter..."
Hayley's smile fell, and she looked hurt by this comment.
"Excuse me?"
"But when you're looking for someone to blame for your unhappiness, we seem to be the enemy."
Hayley became flustered and struggled to process Rebekah's sudden mood swing as she gaped at her in shock.
"Rebekah... You're wrong. This... this isn't you."
"I am wrong-- I believed we were friends. Nearly sisters. But, the last time we spoke, you were planning on taking Hope away from this family forever."
Rebekah started to walk closer toward Hayley, who nervously leaned away from her but otherwise didn't move.
"So where do you stand, Hayley? Are you a friend? Are you family? Or perhaps..."
Rebekah vamp-sped toward Hayley and pinned her in a choke-hold against the far wall, causing Hayley to gasp for breath and cough painfully as Rebekah's vampire face flared out.
"You've been a foe all along."

In the upstairs living room, Freya was still desperately casting the spell using her talisman and the enchanted stake as blood poured from her eyes.
"Niax en at tem alach ti! Niax en at tem alach ti!"
Finn's spirit continued to watch her with concern as he argued with her.
"You are dying for her. Let Rebekah go. Let them all go!"
Freya shook her head vigorously, her eyes still squeezed shut in concentration.
"It will just be the two of us again!"
"I will save her. If I am at all important to you, brother, help me!"
Just then, Méalla, who had come up to bring her a glass of water, rushed into the room at the sound of Freya seemingly arguing with herself, and when she saw the blood covering her face, he sped over to her to look her over.
"Freya, stop! Please! Stop!"
Freya kept her eyes closed but turned her head away from him.
"No! Don't touch me! Do not stop me!"
"Listen to me-- we must help Rebekah, but we must not lose you in the process!"
Méalla looked at Freya in concern, which seemed to surprise Finn. Freya, overwhelmed by both Méalla and Finn's pleading, completely lashed out in frustration.
"Help me, or get out!"
She closed her eyes again and returned to casting her spell between frantic gasps for breath.
"This will strengthen you." Méalla said as she bit into her wrist and put it to Freya's mouth.
Finn's spirit, unseen to Méalla, walked behind Freya and leaned forward to whisper in her ear as Freya hesitated
"As will my power. Just this once, sister. For you."
Finn started to whisper an incantation as he closed his eyes in concentration, and Freya, relieved, started feeding on Méalla's blood to try to replenish her strength.