Four

"So war it is then?" Rebekah's voice came over the phone. Klaus' asking Marcel had not worked, but they expected that.
"Indeed. Do you know what to do with the witch?" Klaus' voice was muffled with the background noise of screaming.
"Klaus, is it really necessary to hold our phone call while you're stabbing the baby vamp?" Méalla asked.
"Yes. Rebekah, you didn't answer me. Know what to do?" Klaus' smirk was clear in his voice.
"I believe I do." Rebekah's voice sounded through the speakers.
"Good." Klaus responded, ready for battle.
"You manage Sophie Deveraux. Klaus will handle the next step." Méalla ended the call after that statement.
Méalla looked towards the werewolf on the couch opposite her. Hayley was staring at her, questions obvious through her face.
"You know you can ask me what you're thinking about, love." Méalla said, picking up a book from in front of her.
"Klaus is creating his vamp minion. Rebekah is finding the linchpin. What are you doing here?" Hayley leaned forward, her hands holding her head up, elbows on knees.
"Well, love, I'm doing research about my miracle baby. The fact I have never slept with a man means it's magical, and if it's magical, at least one person would have written down how it's done. So, I may have confiscated some grimoires from Sophie when she wasn't looking, to see if there's some information." Méalla held up the very worn leather bound book to show Hayley.
"What are you going to do once you find out? I mean, once you know the reason behind the baby." Hayley questioned Méalla, who had turned back to flipping pages after she held up the book.
"If it's plan for leverage over my family, wipe out the enemy. If it's a all powerful being who could be used as a weapon, wipe out all who would know about the creation and raise the child as normally as a Mikaelson can. If it's something else, I'm working on it." Méalla answered.
"Well, you enjoy that. I'm going to do something a little less intense than war." Hayley said dryly.
Méalla looked up. "Call me if you need anything, love. I'm serious." Hayley nodded and walked out of the living room, leaving Méalla to her books.

Méalla looked up as she heard someone outside the front door. She watched it open and relaxed as she saw Rebekah's familiar face.
"How's the reading going?" Rebekah closed the front door, coming to join Méalla in the living room.
"Well, I'm in the middle of the fourth grimoire out of the five I took, and I've still found nothing even remotely close to magical baby conception." Méalla pushed the grimoire away and rubbed her face.
"Kol was good at this kind of stuff. He'd know where to look." She sighed, remembering her brother and the natural ability he had for magic with their mother as kids.
"Do you think about him still? I mean, you never came to Mystic Falls with us. You weren't there when he burned." Rebekah asked, sadness permeating her voice.
"I do. I think about what would have happened if I had been there, if I could've stopped it. I even wonder if I'd be able to meet the Caroline that Klaus is oh so fond of." Méalla answered.
Rebekah giggled a little. "Caroline could be overwhelming but I think you'd like her. She was kind and thoughtful and when Klaus was around her, he showed some of his secret caring." Méalla looked at her sister.
"I remember him saying it was easier for him to relax around her. I'm glad he had that, if only for a short time." Méalla smiled softly.
"Rebekah, I know Klaus is overbearing as hell, and an arrogant little shit, but he would put his life on the line if it meant we were safe. I would do the same." Méalla told the younger Mikaelson. Rebekah sighed.
"I know. It's just, Klaus pushes everybody away, pushes me away, no matter how hard I try. He just resists everything." Rebekah's sad words sent a crack through Méalla's heart, but that didn't make them any less true.
"Hey, do you have any ideas for when the baby comes?" Rebekah changed the subject.
"What do you mean?" Méalla looked at her, puzzled.
"Well, names, ideas of homes, clothes, toys. Anything like that?" Rebekah said.
"I don't have many. I have no idea about names or homes, but I know I want to make a few stuffed toys. Those were always my favorites." Méalla smiled.
"I remember. I remember how every time we traveled, you would make us pick up a stuffed toy for your collection. For a fearsome Hybrid, that's not quite intimidating." Rebekah laughed as Méalla threw a pillow at her.
"Don't go spreading all my secrets!" Méalla grinned, enjoying the moment of light heartedness.