Seventeen

"Méalla." Elijah came bursting through the bedroom door, interrupting the hybrid's crocheting.
"What do you want Elijah?" She said hoarsely. She hadn't taken Davina's death well, you could say. Or rather, she locked herself in her room and only let Hayley in and Klaus came in once.
"You're sitting in here, waiting out the world's disasters. Did you even know Klaus went to Mystic Falls? Or that dead vampires are bearing Papa Tunde's marks? You can't hide, Méalla."
Méalla groaned. She just wanted to grieve in peace but noooo, Klaus' reign means she has to help.
"And how am I gonna do anything to help? I'm pregnant Elijah, battle probably isn't the best idea."
"That hasn't stopped you before."
"Well before, I could still go about normally. Now the friend who was helping me is dead, I'm due in a few months and have no answers about how or what this baby could be in for, and I don't care about New Orleans anymore." Méalla snapped back.
"Fine. Could you at least leave your room? The Compound is on lockdown while we search for the vampire killer. Maybe keep Hayley company."
Méalla nodded. Elijah sighed and left. Hayley came to the door just then.
"What happened?" She asked as Méalla climbed out of bed and walked towards her.
"I'll tell you as we raid the fridge, hm?" Hayley nodded.

"So big brother Elijah is worried about his little sister. What are you so grumpy about?" Hayley asked Méalla as they ate their chips.
"I don't know, nothing. It's just annoying that I have to care about everything when I want to curl up and sleep for a century. Also, I still miss Davina terribly. Like, I was not expecting her to become a friend" Méalla sighed.
"Well, you'll have time for sleep in eighteen years I guess." Méalla snorted at Hayley's comment. "And as for Davina, we'll find a way."
"Ladies." Elijah stood in the doorway. He looked anxious.
"What is it Elijah?" Méalla didn't like the look on his face.
"Rebekah isn't answering her phone."
"You worried about whoever killed those daywalkers still being out there?" Hayley asked.
"Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this. She's very displeased with Niklaus, perhaps even conspiring with others. Also, she appears to have been spending some time with Thierry."
"Well let's go ask the sucker shall we?" Méalla took off into the courtyard. Thierry was at a table, drinking alone.
"Thierry, is it?" Méalla stood over the man.
"That's right."
"My sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men. Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?" Méalla asked.
"I don't know what you're..." An annoyed Elijah, interrupted the vamp by grabbing him by the throat and pushing him against the wall.
"You can either tell me what you know, or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter." Elijah put it frankly. Méalla smirked just a little. Took a lot for Elijah to lose his cool very obviously.
"She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff. I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."
"Like a coward, you left her." Elijah was angry. "What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an Original?" The guy defended himself.
"Actually, that's exactly what you're supposed to do. Or at least tell us before we have to interrogate you." Méalla remarked dryly.
"Where was this, exactly?" Elijah asked.
"The docks, warehouse 57. I was just doing what she asked. You cannot tell Klaus about this." The end of his sentence was punctuated by Elijah throwing Thierry against the wall.
"I shall take that into consideration." Elijah muttered.
"I'm coming with you." Hayley said to the pair of siblings.
"No. Stay here. The compound is safe." Elijah insisted.
"Rebekah is in trouble. I'm going."
"She's coming Elijah." Méalla preferred Hayley go on dangerous trips with them accompanying  so anything that goes wrong, they would be there.
Elijah sighs. "Both of you do not go anywhere alone. Preferably you never leave my sight. Understand?" Elijah looked them in the eyes.
Hayley and Méalla nodded.
When they arrived at the warehouse, they immediately see Rebekah, desiccated and grey, lying a circle of salt. They all run towards her but are stopped just before they reach her.
"What's happening?" Hayley asked.
"Some kind of boundary spell. Someone is channeling her. Typically, it's a lethal process, but, because she's an Original, she can't die. Instead, she's an endless source of power." Elijah answered, scanning the circle.
"So what are we supposed to do?"
"We have to get her out of there."
Méalla could feel the frustration coming off Elijah when he was talking to Sophie.
"You're not listening. We cannot enter the circle. There's some kind of confinement spell. If I can't remove her, we can't break the link."
"It's a convoluted spell. It's like a witch's recipe. You can spoil the balance by adding a more potent ingredient. A mystical binding agent. I don't know, volcanic ash, rock salt, anything up to and including eye of newt." Méalla heard Sophie answer.
"What about the blood of a witch?" Elijah asks.
"Do you have the blood of a witch?" Sophie was confused but Méalla immediately understood. The babies.
Elijah turns to Méalla and Hayley. "I need a favor."
"The babies. They're quarter witches." Hayley spoke as it dawned on her. Elijah nodded.
Méalla and Hayley give Elijah their wrists, and he gingerly bites them to draw blood. The two holds out their wrists and lets the blood fall on the magic boundary line. It started to fizzle and deteriorate. Soon, it's broken and Elijah is able to get through. He quickly picked up Rebekah and got her out of the circle.
Méalla grabbed Hayley's hand and Elijah held Rebekah, and they vamp sped out of the warehouse back to the Compound.

"Wait, so if Papa Tunde was resurrected instead of a Harvest Girl, if he's killed, could the original recipient of the resurrection be resurrected?" Méalla asked Sophie.
"I hope so. The power was hijacked, but if we redirect it, the Harvest could be put right."
"So Davina will come back?" Méalla didn't want to get her hopes up, but it sounded possible.
Sophie nodded.
"Then let's get to reburying some dead bitches." Méalla grinned, eyes cold and smile bleeding war.