Nineteen

Méalla came to in a battered room, with a small cot she was lying on and the redhead she saw before in the door.
"Who are you? Where am I?" The Mikaelson tries to pull herself off the bed but felt the familiar burn of vervain and wolfsbane shackles. She had only enough leverage to sit up.
"My name is Alana. You're Méalla Mikaelson, pregnant with my creature powerful enough to destroy anything I have desire to." Alana spoke easily, confidently.
"Well, if it's yours, why am I carrying her? Also, how'd you even do this?" Méalla countered, trying to find a weakness in her chains.
Alana smirked. "Cute. You should know those chains are hybrid proof. You won't be getting out yourself. I'll oblige you with an explanation however. Your pregnancy is a the result of a very rare mirroring spell. You see, I had some volunteers to help physically create the baby, but magically impregnated you. As for the why, you have the blood of witches, wolves, and vampires through your veins, although you can't practice magic. However, your child can. It will be one of the two most powerful beings Earth will allow, and I will raise it to be my weapon. When I no longer need a weapon, it will become a sacrifice." Méalla noticed how Alana used it, instead of she.
"Like hell. Even if you could take my child, what makes you think you'll be able to when I get free?"
"You didn't let me finish. You are going to raise her with me. Right now, the Harvest Witch wannabes have your siblings Niklaus and Rebekah captive. They're playing some very fun mental games that will make you rethink standing besides them." Alana came over to the side of the bed and pressed her fingers into Méalla's forehead. Méalla felt excruciating pain before complete darkness.

Méalla opens her eyes to see herself standing in an antique hospital corridor, bustling with nurses and patients coughing. Rebekah was on one end and Klaus the other.
"Niklaus!" Rebekah cried, rubbing straight through Méalla. So this wasn't a normal vampire type of mental trip, she could only observe. Méalla follows as Rebekah runs toward Klaus, passing rooms on the way; in the first room there is a young boy sitting on a table, his eyes darkened with purplish bruises holding a cloth to his mouth coughing up blood. In the next room, a teen girl in a pink night gown sitting in a bathtub staring at her, blood dripping down her mouth and onto her grown. The next room, an old man hitting his chest and spurting up blood. Rebekah cringed as she passed the sign on the wall that reads
Crematorium and pushed the door open.
Rebekah walked into the Crematorium with a smile on her face to greet Marcel. Méalla groaned mentally as she watched the two embrace and begin to make out. She gagged as Marcel pushed Rebekah up against the wall and put his hand on her leg. Rebekah laughed and pulled away.
"Marcel have some respect."
"Yeah, I don't think they mind." Marcel gestures around to all the bodies. "Did you ask Genevieve about doing the spell?"
"I will when the time is right." Rebekah answered. Méalla was confused but didn't think anything good was coming out of it. "Rebekah, you've been hanging around that witch for weeks waiting for the time to be right. She wasn't supposed to become your sidekick. One little spell and we can finally be together for real. What are you waiting for?"
"She's a sweet girl, is all. If you must know, I feel badly for using her."
"Then we'll find another witch; one you don't have to fake a friendship with. Unless you've changed your mind?"
"I want to wake up with you in our home, in the bed that we share. I want to walk down the street with you by my side so everyone knows that you are mine and I am yours. I don't want to be afraid of what my brother will do to me for loving you. If this is the only way to get it, then no, my mind hasn't changed." They started to kiss again as redhead walked in.
"O-oh! I didn't know anyone was in here. I'm so sorry." She hurried out and Rebekah followed after her, calling "Genevieve!"
The memory changes and Méalla is watching Rebekah, Genevieve, and another woman walk through a club.
"Okay, next round's on me." The third woman laughed.
"Clara Summerlin, no! I'll be soused." Genevieve laughed.
"Get it while you can, it's the last real gin in the city!" Rebekah grinned. Clara headed to the bar.
Rebekah and Genevieve sat down at a table.
"You're nothing like I thought you'd be when I first met you. I was brought up to think your kind were, well..." Genevieve started.
"An abomination of nature?"
"You're anything but! Not just you, your whole family is so... elegant." Genevieve looked over towards Elijah.
"Yes, I agree, Elijah is quite peerless." Rebekah nodded.
"I don't know... I mean, he's nice and all, but if I had to go for one Mikaelson boy..." Genevieve trailed off.
"Klaus? Genevieve, who'd have thought a saintly little witch like you would go for the bad boys? I knew we were destined to be friends!"
At the bar, Méalla saw Clara ask, "More gin, please." Then a man next to her spilled his drink on her. Elijah suddenly appeared by her side, handing his handkerchief to her.
"Please, allow me. Keep it, it's yours." He walked off.
At Rebekah's table Rebekah and Genevieve were still talking about their family. "Well, there's a load of us Mikaelsons. If you like bad boys, you'd love my brother, Kol."
Méalla saw modern Klaus at the far side of the bar.
"And where is this mystery brother of yours?" "It's complicated. Like all siblings, we've had our ups and downs. Family feuds. In fact, I was thinking of reaching out to someone we haven't seen in a very long while. I was hoping that maybe you could help me contact them. But it would have to be a surprise. No one could know."
"Of course. Do you want me to find your brother Kol?"
"Actually, I'd like you to find Mikael... our father."
Méalla gasped. Her eyes snapped open to reveal her in the room with the cot, Alana smirking over her.
"No. She wouldn't. You're lying." Méalla felt tears cloud her eyes while Alana shook her head. Alana's fingers touched her forehead again and she was back under.
Genevieve was performing a spell while Marcel and Rebekah stood behind her. Méalla saw modern Klaus watching in the shadows. Genevieve holds up a newspaper article with a photo of Marcel and Klaus at the Jazz Club, she crumpled it up and used a wooden blade to put into the flame of the candle flame. That was her father's blade. Mikael has almost beaten Klaus to death when it went missing. She thought Rebekah was not herself the weeks after.
"Pran ce mesaj sa a, les cendres sur le vent." Genevieve finished the spell as the newspaper article caught fire and disintegrated. Méalla saw modern Rebekah screaming.

Méalla sat up, gasping. Tears were streaming down her face as Alana sat on the cot by her legs.
"Your sister called your abusive father to your home. Where and when you were all finally happy. But wait until you see what's next."

Méalla opened her eyes to se Klaus and Elijah talking. This was in the Compound, Klaus' painting room. They were talking.
"Niklaus. I found suspicious items among Niamh's things. I think she may be exploiting Méalla for information on the supernatural community." Elijah said, bringing papers into sight.
"I have gotten her to trust me, to a point where I see love when she looks at me. If you must act, act now. Make me a promise, you'll spare her life. Signed, N." Klaus read out loud from a piece of paper.
"This is addressed to a Mikael. You don't think?" Elijah asked Klaus.
"I don't think, I know. I've always thought something was odd with that girl, I knew she'd break Méalla's heart!" Klaus slammed his fist into his desk.

The next place Méalla was over Niamh's dead body. She was lying in her bed while Klaus stood over her, mouth dripping blood. Elijah came rushing in, and saw it.
"Niklaus! What have you done?"
"I've protected Méalla and our kind."
"Méalla would never forgive you if she found out. Here." Elijah thrust a handkerchief towards Klaus, who wiped his mouth.
Elijah bit his wrist and spread the blood all over his mouth, just before Méalla came running in.
"Niamh!" Past Méalla screamed and pushed past Elijah.
"How could you!" Méalla screamed up at Elijah, cradling Niamh's body. The perfect brother to take the fall. The one who always looked out for his family, the one with blood conveniently all over his mouth. He took the fall for Klaus. Méalla started to cry as she came back to the present.
"Your siblings betrayed you. Hurt you. Yet you stand beside them." Alana cooed as Méalla curled up as best she could. "I'll leave you to your thoughts."
As soon as Alana left, Méalla started to sob, filled with hurt at what her siblings have done. She loved them so so much, yet they brought her two worst nightmares to her front door.