Fifteen

"Davina, where are you?" Méalla asked the girl through the phone.
"Did you know Agnes was dead?" Davina shot back.
"I knew she was missing, why?"
"Elijah killed her, Marcel lied about it and they're just using me. Why should I believe you're any different?"
"Well, for one, I promised you our deal was between us only. Two, I haven't really done anything to cross you and three, I actually want to help you, believe it or not. Also, you're like a parasite, I consider you a friend now after our many chats about my miracle child." Méalla heard Davina's contemplative breathing.
"I'm at Cami's, but so help me if you tell anyone."
"I won't. I'll come join you. Maybe we can work this thing out." Méalla heard a click as Davina hung up. She decided to go check on Hayley before leaving.
She knocked on the doorway, watching Hayley struggle to zipper a vintage dress.
"Would you like some help, love?" Méalla teased.
Hayley smiled.
"You might need to use all your Hybrid strength."
"Allow me." Méalla zipped the zipper and started to do up the buttons.
"Thanks. Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess." Hayley sighed, looking into the mirror.
"I think you look lovely. Only I would..." Méalla touched her bare shoulder and Hayley placed her hand over her birth mark.
"I know, keep the freaky werewolf birthmark covered."
"Well, I doubt any of these minions would try anything, with you being under Mikaelson protection but just in case." Méalla spoke, stepping back.
Hayley looked at herself in the mirror sighing.
"All knocked up and nowhere to go."
"While I fully agree with that, I could probably arrange for us to go to the festivities tonight if you'd like?" Méalla offered. Hayley shook her head.
"Klaus is already pissy about the wolves and Davina, we shouldn't rock the boat. Do you mind?" Hayley gestured at her zipper, with one final glance in the mirror.
"Not at all. Two things, though. While I suspect you may have helped Davina justify leaving, I think it was probably for her own good." Méalla finished unzipping the dress and started on the buttons.
"And the second thing?" Hayley asked, finding Méalla's eyes in the mirror.
Méalla smirked.
"Klaus may be almighty, but he also listens to me. So, if you ever wanted a little more free reign..."
Hayley let out a small laugh. "I'll keep that in mind."

"I know people usually scream when I arrive, but it's usually more of an OMG than pain." Méalla quipped as she stood in Cami's doorway, watching Davina remove the compulsion from a screaming Cami.
"Méalla!" Davina shouted.
"How did you even get in?" Josh asked, staying in the dark kitchen.
"Learned how to pick locks centuries ago. Really, you need a modern lock." Méalla said to a panting Cami.
"I'll keep that in min-AAAAAAAAAAA" Cami's retort was cut off by a scream, due to Davina returning to her task.
"Okay. That's it. You should remember everything." Davina fell back on her knees and Cami held her head with her hands.
"So Davina, what happened?" Méalla crosses her arms.
"Hayley told me Agnes was dead. Marcel lied to me, told me it still wasn't safe but if the last Elder is dead, the Harvest can't be completed."
Davina said.
"Are you sure that the Harvest can't be completed? Witches tend to get creative." Méalla's words seem to strike Davina.

"Keep drinking. You need the vervain in your system so you can't be compelled again." Davina put another glass of water in front of Cami.
"Hey Cami, you don't have any like... human blood in your fridge, do you?" Josh asked. Méalla gave him a look.
"For crying out loud, here." Davina held her arm up in front of Josh's face. He hesitated a moment before taking a hold of her wrist. Davina froze and seemed to space out.
"Davina?" Cami asked.
"Someone's practicing magic. They're trying to find me." She panicked.
"Well shit. I can try to keep you safe from Klaus, but if witches are doing locator spells, you're going to have leave. Now." Méalla stood up.
"Then we have to run." Cami stood up from the table and went into her bedroom, coming back with a bag and a few belongings.
"There is no way to sneak me out of the Quarter. By now, everyone's looking for me. The witches, Marcel, Klaus." Davina looked anxious. Méalla sighed, then spoke.
"I can help you with Klaus and Marcel. I can distract them. You'll have to find a way to deal with the witches." Méalla told the trio.
"My uncle will know what to do." Can I said semi-confidently.
"Cami..." Davina started.
"I mean, he has to know some of what's going on in this town, right?" Cami continued.
"Cami stop." Davina tried again.
"Unless he's been compelled." Cami kept on.
"He knows, Cami." Méalla interrupted.
"What are you talking about?" Cami said.
"He knows. He works with Marcel. They're practically friends, I hear them talk. He knows everything." Davina said gently. Cami looks shocked.
"No. He would've told me if he knew the witches put a hex on my brother."
Nobody said anything.
"He knows?" Cami asked.
"Cami..." Davina tried to start.
"Oh, my god. He knows." Cami began to tear up.
"Hey, you guys seriously need to go, like now. Plane, train, automobile, whatever. Take my car, it's parked down at the docks. I'll text you the where." Josh interceded.
"He's right. If this is gonna work, we need to get moving." Méalla agreed.
"Put your number in Cami's phone. Most of the Quarter is shut down right now, we'll have to walk. And the sun is taking forever to go down." Davina told Josh.
"What are you going to do?" Davina directed at Mèalla.
"I'll find something."
Davina nodded and moved over to Josh, who she hugged.
"Promise you'll meet us as soon as it gets dark out?"
"Yeah, don't worry about me. Just don't let them find you." Davina smiled at Josh's words.
Davina slowly made her way over to Méalla.
"I know this can't be easy for you. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Thank you for helping me anyway." Davina hugged Méalla.
"It's okay, Davina. Go. Be safe. Keep me updated." Davina nodded.
Davina and Cami left the apartment, leaving Josh and Méalla.
"You ready for operation Save Superwitch, baby vamp?" Méalla quipped. Josh nodded.
"Then let's get started."