Chapter Nineteen. I'm Sorry

Warnings: swearing, underaged drinking, matured content, etc.

"Chanyeol, listen to me!"

Jin finally caught up with the two, holding Chanyeol back by the shoulder, only to have his hand smacked away harshly. Jin winced as he cradled the hand to his chest, but he was expecting nothing else.

If Chanyeol had punched him in the face, he'd have gladly taken it. The physical pain was better than the pain that came with guilt.

Accepting the harsh behavior, Jin looked straight at the couple with the determination to tell them how much he regretted the way he'd treated them last year.

Chanyeol's eyes were cold and emotionless though the hand that held onto Baekhyun's was warm and gentle. Meanwhile, the latter looked nervous and a little scared as he watched Jin. He still hadn't forgotten how he'd been treated by him, though he knew that he'd come to apologize just by the look on his handsome face.

"What is it, Seokjin?" Chanyeol said, seething as he continued to look at Jin with disgust. "You've got a nerve showing us your face after everything you did last year."

He freed his shoulder from Jin's grip and looked away. "C'mon, Baek, we don't have to listen to him."

"Wait," Jin said in a pleading tone, grabbing onto Chanyeol's shoulder again. "Chanyeol, just hear me out. Please."

"What if I don't want to?" Chanyeol avoided looking at Jin, so he didn't see how anguished he was. "Just leave us alone, can't you?"

"Then just listen to me!" Jin said helplessly. "I swear I won't ever come near you two again."

"You're the reason we almost broke apart, Kim Seokjin," Chanyeol said, turning his back on him. "I don't want to hear your excuses."

"Chanyeol, please." Jin knew he'd not want to speak to him, but he needed him to hear him out.

"Come on, sweetheart," Chanyeol spoke softly to Baekhyun, squeezing his hand as he looked at him with deep affection.

Not even sparing a glance at Jin, who felt like shit. Baekhyun saw how upset he looked, and it made him feel guilty.

"I think we should give him a chance to speak, baby," he told Chanyeol with a sweet smile.

Chanyeol looked hesitant. "You know we don't have to."

Baekhyun just shook his head. "I can tell he doesn't wanna hurt us right now. Let's just let him speak if he wants to so much."

Chanyeol stared deeply into his eyes before sighing in defeat, looking back at Jin with cold eyes. "You have one minute."

Jin took a deep breath, swallowing his pride. He hated being treated like this, especially by his ex best friend, but he knew he deserved it no matter how much it sucked. He'd done worse with them after all. He was grateful that Baekhyun gave him a chance to even talk, despite how he'd treated him before.

"Look, I... I'm extremely sorry for everything I did." Jin looked up from his feet, hoping they could see the sincerity and truth in his eyes. "I know that what I did was unforgivable and I'll accept it if you still hate me. I deserve that. But you need to know how much I regret being so toxic to you two. I'm so sorry."

"The pain you caused us is still fresh," Chanyeol said harshly, still not looking at him. "I can't forgive people like you so easily. I absolutely hate selfish people trying to separate others for their own advantage. You lied to me, you hurt the person I love the most. Just... just get out of our sight, Seokjin. You fucking disgust me."