Chapter Sixty- Six. Just For You, I Can

Warnings: swearing, mention of death, etc.

It was a beautiful winter evening, the orange sun peeking out from behind the clouds, painting them every shade of orange, yellow, pink and purple. The last golden rays of sunlight before the cold night landed and swept over the tree's green heads, the soft light penetrating through the leaves and partially lighting up the whole Haegeum Forest.

Yoongi and Jimin had been camping in there near the hills in their certain spot that they'd bought along with the other five boys, when Jin was alive. They were staying in the old wooden cabin they'd worked hard on building together to spend their holidays in when they were younger.

There were so many memories in this part of the forest... so many of them tracing back to nine or ten years ago...

This evening, before the couple finally headed home after months to reunite with the boys again- all except Jin, who'd left them for more than six months now- Yoongi was alone walking around their territory, lost in those old better days in the quiet loneliness of the evening, only broken by the chirping and singing of the birds heading home. Soon, he'd be home too...

But was it really home, when only six will be returning to it tonight instead of seven?

Yoongi took a deep breath for the umpteenth time that day, roaming around a certain old tree like a lost soul, his hand and fingers skimming the carved surface of words and pictures all seven of them had left years ago to claim their property with pride. As he gently felt the marks on the trunk against his fingertips, a familiar heartache spread all over his chest, and he sighed again.

He looked at their logo carved on it by all of them, two trapezoids that represented doors, with a bold 'BTS' carved underneath. And when Yoongi moved over to behind it, he saw their names carved by each of them under one another. Kim Namjoon at first, and Kim Seokjin underneath it, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook written afterwards, and lastly BTS again.

Yoongi felt that shiver and adrenaline as he recalled them going in for a group hug afterwards, promising to be seven forever with everything unable to seperate them, and he felt another burst of pain.

"What happened to all the promises, huh?" Yoongi said quietly to himself, chuckling bitterly, tracing his fingers over another one of his carving saying Agust D. "Fuck... how am I still scared of losing everything, scared of anything at all, when I've gone through the worst already, being rejected by my old family? I should've gotten used to losing things... but I can't... I'm fucking scared of losing my real home, my boys. I'll do whatever it takes to take care of them... I can't lose them like I lost hyung."

Tears prickled his eyes as the long-haired ravenette tried not to think of years ago when he and the other six took turns to swing in the swings they created on this very tree, and how they talked about their future as they either sat under it's shade or swung in the swings with someone pushing them back forward when they'd swing back.

Jungkook and Jimin would usually swing on the two swings as Jin and Namjoon would stand behind them respectively to push them back forward with the swing, and Yoongi would usually sit under the shade between Taehyung and Hoseok as they all made crazy plans and bad decisions during their visit here everytime.

"Yah, why don't we turn this place into a museum when we grow older and become famous? We could get some extra money, and I could get more banana milk."

"Who the hell would wanna travel in this scary place just to visit our museum?"

"Just because you mistake a worm with a snake doesn't make this forest scary, Hoseok-ah."