Chapter 8: Picnic*

The next day Killian and I go up to the hospital to meet baby Elliot. We meet in the waiting room and walk in together towards her room number. I knock on the door and hear a happy "come in!" from Alison's voice. We push the door open and walk in to see Luke holding a sleeping Elliot. He still has a bit of a cone head, but he looks absolutely adorable. Killian and I both make similar squeals of excitement, quickly walking over to dote on the new baby. I ask Alison "how's mom doing?" She smiles "a lot better than I was last night." I chuckle "I'm sure we are all very happy about that."
Alison chuckles "I'm just happy he's here and we are both happy and healthy." Killian and I smile at that statement and Killian takes Elliot out of Luke's arms. I ask Alison "how's breast feeding going?" She laughs sarcastically "it feels like a goblin is chewing on my boob and trying to suck the life force out of me but the nurses say he's feeding well so I guess it's worth it." I'm a bit surprised by that statement and nod, unsure of what to say. I tell her "it's going to be weird working without you the next few weeks." Alison nods "it's been weird not having you around the last few months." I chuckle "yeah that's been weird for me, too." Alison nods "you'll do great. The PRN girls do a wonderful job and are very easy to work with. Give me a couple of months and we can get back to normal."
I nod and notice Luke has almost fallen asleep in the chair next to Alison's bed. She follows my gaze and smiles lovingly "he's been a wonderful doting father, he doesn't let either of us want for anything if he can help it." I chuckle "and that isn't because of the threats he received last night?" Alison waves her hand "it was just a normal Saturday night for him, don't worry." I chuckle and look over at the baby. Killian asks me "you want a turn?" I smile and nod "yes, please," as I hold out my hands to hold the baby. Killian gets Alison up quietly to help her walk up and down the hall while I rock baby Elliot and Luke snores quietly in the weird recliner hospitals have sometimes.
         I tell Elliot in hushed whispers "you're already so loved baby boy. You have all of these grown adults wrapped around your finger. You are just too cute and precious and perfect. You're going to be so spoiled, especially since you're the first baby of us three. I'll buy you all the cute baby clothes and toys and one day Killian will buy your alcohol for you illegally and be your designated driver. Alison and I will scold her for it but Killian is determined to be the cool aunt and help you get your party phases out early but safely." Luke says quietly "over my dead body." I chuckle and continue whispering sweet nothings to the precious little button nosed baby.
        Killian helps Alison walk, go to the bathroom, and get resettled in bed while I talk to the baby and keep him entertained. After Alison is comfortable in the bed again, as if on cue, Elliot starts crying what I can only assume is a hungry cry. Alison smiles tiredly as I hand her the baby and Killian says "this is the one thing I can't really do for you or help you with." She chuckles and says "it's okay, thank you both for all of your help since last night. We all really appreciate it." We smile and I tell her "we will let you feed him in peace do you want us to get your nurse in here?" Alison nods "yes, if she thinks I need the lactation consultant then she will page her. Hopefully we are doing better and won't need her anymore." I nod "well there's nothing wrong if you do." Alison smiles gratefully at me "thanks, sweetie."
        We finish our long winded goodbyes and head back towards our cars in the parking lot. Killian chuckles "well I guess that wasn't quite the way to ease you back into life at home." I chuckle back "it's no way to ease me back into married life with my husband gone for work almost immediately after we get back." Killian sighs "I know how that is with the team. Aaron was trying very hard to not call him unless they were really struggling with finding answers to a case. They went on quite a few the last few weeks." I nod "I know. He's one of a kind." Killian chuckles "his presence makes my life easier. I have to top a lot when Spencer is gone and I get real tired. We are both switches but after topping a lot I like to be a sub sometimes and not lift a finger." I laugh "I get that. Spencer says I'm a pillow princess." Killian chuckles "I wish I was sometimes."