Chapter 22: Santa Baby*

Spencer and I flew into Nashville without any issues. My parents picked us up at baggage claim without any issues either and we drove the hour back to my hometown in the early afternoon on Christmas Eve. My mom told us they went to deliver charity baskets that morning to families in the community facing hard times during the holiday season. When I was younger we used to do that every Christmas Eve. Maybe Spencer and I should try to implement a tradition like that in DC for Thanksgiving or something.
          My parents brought in lunch from a local place for us and we ate lunch at the table in my parents' kitchen. There are some bittersweet memories here because the last time we ate here, I was recovering from Harrison. I'm very thankful to feel better now, but the memories and reminders are still painful. My parents brought in Japanese food from my favorite place back home, I opted for hibachi chicken instead of sushi just in case our efforts in trying for a baby are working.
       My mom asks us how Vegas was. I smile and tell her "everything went well. It was great to see Diana again." My mom asks "are you guys still planning to move her out to DC with y'all?" Spencer nods "I think so. I'll feel better having her closer to us." I smile and nod. I told Spencer that I really didn't want my parents knowing that we are trying for fear that they will pry. He got to make the call with his mom and I get to make the call with my parents. I don't want to tell them until we have a baby on the way officially or unless we decide to explore other routes for having children. Hopefully that last part doesn't have to happen.
We eat the food and I get to hear the updates on all the family and local gossip from my mom. Apparently the teen daughter of the pastor at the most judgmental church in town is pregnant and the church has turned on them. Sadly, they are leaving the area because her dad lost his job because his family isn't upholding Christian values. Very pro-life and love of Christ of them, I know. There's also a doctor in town who was always rumored to cheat on his wife and she's finally filed for divorce. She paid the retainer fee on every good divorce lawyer within 500 miles, so her husband is shit out of luck in getting a good lawyer to represent him in court.
My mom tells me my brothers are coming in this afternoon. They opted to rent a car together instead of my parents going to get them. They've always been weird about owing favors and stuff like that so they are often hyper-independent. After lunch, Spencer and I opt to rest in my childhood bedroom before the Christmas Eve activities ensue. My parents are understanding and way more chill about us sharing a bed than they were last year. I'm not sure if it's more about the fact that we are married now or the fact that Spencer saved my life and has officially proven himself to my family always and forever.
Spencer insists on us showering - we still can't shower together here even if it's just out of convenience to save time - so we do that quickly to get the airport germs off of us. Spencer and I wear comfy clothes in my bed and watch "Home Alone" together to get in the Christmas spirit. Spencer tells me "I wish we were home alone right now." I laugh "why? You want to give it another try?" Spencer nods and says "and I just want you, but any minute one of your parents could knock on that door with some suggestion or a change in plans." He is right, my parents do like to change the plan on us sometimes, much to Spencer's chagrin. He's a good sport about it all, though.
I smile and tell him "I'll let you open one present tonight when we get home as your Christmas Eve present." He smiles and nods "deal." I laugh and think to myself how happy I am that sex is starting to feel less like a chore. I easily start to drift in and out of sleep while laying with my head on Spencer's chest and and listening to his heart beat in one ear while listening to the tv drone with the other. I'm not sure if Spencer falls asleep as well, but we sit in a comfortable silence for quite some time. The next time I fully wake up, it's mostly dark outside and my mom is knocking on our door and telling us it is time to get ready for the Christmas Eve service. We groan a bit as we get out of bed and get ready for church.
I turn and look at Spencer with some sleep still in his eyes and tell him "thank you for doing Christmas Eve services every year." He smiles warmly and says "while I do believe in science the most, I haven't discounted the fact that there could be a higher power. Especially after my experience where I died for a few minutes and was revived. It's not that I don't think there could be a higher power, it's that I know science is fact." We've discussed religion many times and Spencer is very accepting and easy going with my and my family's Christianity. If I really wanted him to, I could get him to convert, but I don't want anything in our relationship to be forced.
We get ready in comfy yet church appropriate clothes to wear to the service and then to the family Christmas party after. We greet my brothers in the kitchen after we leave my bedroom, exchanging hugs and pleasantries. Spencer has very much been accepted into the family, he is greeted with open arms by all family members upon arrival. We all pile into 2 separate cars and head to the church. I opted to ride with my parents and my brothers wanted to have "guy time" with Spencer and catch up with him in the car. Spencer was very graceful in the situation and gladly took the time to get closer with my brothers. I really lucked out with my family and with my husband.
        The service goes as planned and we sing "silent night" by candlelight in a circle around the sanctuary to end the service. We mingle with church members who absolutely crowd Spencer and shower him southern hospitality. He takes it well and soaks it in for my sake. Most of the people thank him for taking care of me, especially after the attack. Most of these people sent casserole dishes to my parents' house as I was recovering to make the process easier. They're all really wonderful; losing my church is one of the things I do hate about living in DC.
Spencer and I leave hand in hand after we have thoroughly swept the church, figuratively. He opts to ride with me on the way to my grandmother's house to celebrate Christmas Eve. My parents make small talk with each other and with Spencer and me as we drive to my grandmother's house. I turn to Spencer and tell him "remember, this is my redneck side of the family." My dad says "Annie, don't talk about your mom's family like that." My mom laughs "no, she's right." Spencer laughs and nods "I'm sure we will all have a great time." I smile and squeeze Spencer's hand and he squeezes back.
         Throughout the night, Spencer mingles with me and without me. I talk to my cousin Cristina who is now in a committed relationship, apparently her fling with Morgan at our wedding didn't work out for long. My whole family sings Spencer's praises as he has earned a positive reputation for saving my life and he once again won in a shoot out in the backyard with some of my cousins. Spencer had the time of his life and enjoyed some beers throughout the night, I notice after a few hours he is starting to get a bit buzzed. I decide to bring him some water and he gives me a grateful expression in return as he takes it and drinks it, never missing a beat in the conversation. I can tell this will be a fun night when we get home tonight.
         Even with the water, he still wound up a bit past buzzed and we caught an earlier ride back home with my brothers to get Spencer home. Spencer has looser lips when he's buzzed, but major secrets stay secret. Cole asks us "so when are you two going to start popping out kids so mom will quit asking me when I'm going to give them grandkids?" I open my mouth to respond when Spencer beats me to the punch. He says "man, I'm trying my best every night." I turn to look at Spencer wide eyed while my brothers laugh in response. Spencer continues to dig himself a hole "she's been working me hard since Thanksgiving for a baby."
         I grit my teeth hard and say "Spencer, shut up." He looks at me with a pouty face and says "he asked!" I unbuckle and lean forward to tell my brothers in the front seat "not a word of this to mom or dad. I don't want to get them excited and then find out it's not going to work out the way we hope. We've only been trying for a few weeks." My brothers nod and George says "don't worry, we won't say anything." Cole says "we may try to block mom and dad's cock blocking for the next few days though."
        Spencer grabs me around the waist and pulls me back into my seat, buckling me back in and tapping my nose with a smile. He says "safety first." George laughs and says "obviously not for you two." My face is red hot with embarrassment and Spencer pouts at me, hoping to lessen the negative feelings towards him. He takes a hand to my knee and gently rubs his thumb against me. He tells me softly "I'm sorry." I can't stay mad at him for long and I give him soft smile in return. He smiles back, happy to be out of the doghouse for now. George says "we will ask mom and dad to watch a Christmas movie with us in the den and then you guys can have another go at it." I turn red at the implication and all the boys, even Spencer, just laugh in response.
        Spencer continues to gently caress my knee until we arrive home. Thankfully, the boys are staying in the loft on the opposite end of the house from my childhood room where we are staying. Cole yells at us "don't be too loud!" as we scurry into the house away from the awkwardness. I laugh and feel my cheeks burn from embarrassment. Spencer is laughing, too, as we shut and lock the door. I can tell he is still buzzed, but no longer drunk. He's a bit giggly as he says "if you're down, I'm down, but just because your brothers think we are going to have sex doesn't mean we have to have sex if you don't want to." He kisses my forehead as I nuzzle into him a bit, his back leaning against the bedroom door.
        I smile and tell him "we can just see where it goes. I hate that sex has been something forced for us since we've been trying." Spencer chuckles and says "so you just want to cuddle and see if we are feeling it?" He says feeling it with the bunny ear quotes. I can tell by the hard on straining his jeans that he is feeling it, but I need to be warmed into this. I tell him "I just need to ease into it tonight. I think it's just weird for me knowing my family is here or will be here." Spencer laughs as he changes into pajamas, which tonight is his boxer shorts and flannel pajama pants and no shirt, and crawls into bed. Spencer laughs as he tells me "you just need to know you have to be quiet."
        My cheeks burn again as I tell him "you're just too good at what you do." Spencer chuckles "you never have even had experiences with guys who are bad at sex, how do you know I'm good at sex?" I laugh and tell him "if you're bad at it then I don't think I could handle good at it." Spencer laughs "I've just read a lot of books and learned your body specifically." I strip down to just underwear and a t shirt of Spencer's and crawl into bed with him. I smile as I burrow into him and tell him "you really have."
       I lean up and connect our lips, he happily reciprocates. I lean a bit more of my weight against his chest, deepening the kiss. He gently places one hand in my hair, pulling me closer to him. The closer we get, the more uncomfortable this position is getting for me. I whisper a quiet "fuck it," as I sit up and move to straddle Spencer's hips fully, continuing the kiss. At this point, he moves his hands to my hips and grips a bit roughly. I like it. Eventually I come up for air, whipping my hair to the side and out of my face.
         I'm panting as I catch my breath and arch my back a bit to stretch it out from the weird position I had my back in for a longer than normal amount of time. Spencer groans at the sight and gently runs his fingertips along the hem of his shirt that I'm wearing. He gives me pouty lips and asks "will you please take this off?" I smile and tell him "only because you asked so nicely." He does a silent clap and I laugh at his childish yet honest response.
         Spencer runs his finger tips along the hem of my underwear and asks quietly "and these?" I hum and nod "I'll get up and take them off." He grabs my hips and stops me from moving and says "wait." I do as he says and my jaw drops as he proceeds to rip my underwear off physically. He throws them in the corner of my old bedroom and smiles cheekily like a kid who knows he just did something he wasn't supposed to do. He tells me with a grin "I'll buy you new ones." I cackle "Spencer those were how many years old? Older than our relationship, probably. Don't worry about it." Spencer gasps "well we really must remedy that situation, Mrs. Reid. I have not been properly spoiling my wife with pretty things."
         I tell him "don't buy me new lingerie when we are hoping for me to become pregnant soon. A baby is the only pretty thing I want." Spencer chuckles and says "I'm doing my best, let me give it another try." With that he flips us over so my head is against the pillows. He kisses my lips before kissing down my body, lingering on my neck and then my breasts and then my stomach and then he stops right before he gets to my heat. He draws circles on my hips and tells me "just because we are trying for a baby doesn't mean we shouldn't warm you up properly."
          He continues the onslaught of kisses and my breathing hasn't slowed in the last two minutes because of Spencer and his lips. He gently loops his arms under my legs and pulls me down the bed with a grip around my hips, making me gasp in surprise. He gives me a wink before leaning down, holding my legs apart with a tight grip. I breathe out a "fuck, Spencer" as he begins slow movements of his tongue on and around my clit. He smiles before getting back to work, moving his focus from my clit to my folds. He moves his right hand to rub slow circles on my clit as he continues to thrust his tongue in my heat. The battle to stay quiet is proving to be harder and harder.
           He continues the same movements, in a delicious rhythm, bringing me right to the edge but not over quite yet. I'm basking in the pleasure of Spencer's actions upon my body when he moves his mouth back to my clit and begins thrusting two fingers into my heat, hitting that delicious spot with each thrust of his finger tips. I know my orgasm is hitting me fast and I cover my mouth with both hands as I feel wave after wave of pleasure crash into my body until Spencer finally slows and eventually halts his movements. I'm catching my breath again as he gently kisses and caresses my body as he readjusts to be at eye level with me again.
        Just then there's a knock at the door. Spencer's eyes and my eyes widen as he gently covers my mouth with his hands. He shakes his head slowly, holding us both as still and quiet as possible. I hear my dad say "I guess they're asleep already." Then I hear Cole say "I told you they went to sleep and said they didn't want to watch the movie." My mom says "they must be really tired, then, to go to bed at 9:30 pm on Christmas Eve." George says "maybe they're just really excited for Santa to come in the morning." That's the last I hear aside from footsteps traveling further across the house, away from my old bedroom.
       After 10 seconds of silence, Spencer and I both start laughing quietly. He tells me "I really didn't need your parents to see me with a raging hard on." I laugh and don't have the heart to tell him that my mom has already gotten a glimpse of what Spencer has to offer the morning after our living room picnic. I nod my head "that would've been difficult to explain away." Spencer nods with wide eyes. I tell him "at least my brothers have our back. If you hadn't told them, then they wouldn't have known to stop them."
       Spencer laughs and adjusts his body, making me jump as his clothed erection bumps just right against me. He chuckles at me and says "I hardly have to touch you to have you quivering at my touch." I laugh and tell him "you're absolutely right." His smile grows wider and his cheeks grow just a bit pinker as he stands to remove his pajama pants and boxers. I laugh again and tell him "now who is the one getting shy?" He laughs quietly and climbs back on top of me and says "shut up." I laugh and lean up to kiss the tip of his nose. He scrunches up his face in surprise and a bit of delight before returning my kiss, but on the lips this time. He smiles and ask me "ready to try again?" I bite my lip with a smile a nod eagerly.
         He smiles in return as he readjusts his body, lining up at my entrance. He gently pushes into me, making me wrap my legs around him in response as I moan quietly. He stills with a whispered chuckle, gently placing a finger on my lips and reminding me that I need to be quiet. I blush a bit as he slowly pushes in until I've taken him to the hilt. I look in between us and moan quietly at the sight of him disappearing into me. He begins to rock his body out and back inside of me in a slow delicious rhythm. I scratch down his back, trying to anchor myself to him.
I dig my heels into his back as he repeatedly hits that delicious bundle of nerves inside of me with his tip. He picks up the pace and I feel my eyes roll into the back of my head in response, losing the grip my hands had on his back. I fall back against the pillows and he takes this response as a chance to really make me see stars. He grabs my hands, holding them both together at the wrists with one hand against my stomach. He uses his other hand to rub circles on my clit with his thumb and apply pressure to my lower abdomen with his palm.
He chuckles deeply and tells me in a soft whisper "cum for me, angel." He drops my hands and braces himself so he could kiss my lips, swallowing my moans of pleasure in response. As soon as I've reached my peak, Spencer reaches his, too. He quietly grunts, and gasps against my lips, staggering his last few thrusts. He thrusts into me a few times more, making me whine from the hypersensitivity. He kisses me again, a sweet and loving kiss. He settles his body, still on top of me and inside of me. He tells me "I love you...so much." I smile as I look down at him, rubbing my hands through his messy curls "I love you, too, Spence." He looks up at me with childlike eyes and asks "so much?" I chuckle "so much."