Chapter 32: Mural*

I am full on into baby girl mode. I have pink paint swatches on the walls and I have bought so many baby girl outfits of all sizes. My mom is even buying things online and sending them directly to our house for the baby. I am so excited to be having a baby girl. I'm considering painting a mural and surprising Spencer with it the next time he goes on a long case. I want to do a light shade of pink on 3 of the walls and then paint a ton of baby animals and neutral flowers and greenery on a mural accent wall where her crib is going to be with a custom sign with her name on it. Some people would think it's cringe but I don't care. I want to have my baby girl's name on the wall.
I've picked animals as something that will work for either gender. I plan to keep this mural on the wall for each baby we have. Spencer and I have already discussed logistics and how we want this room to be the nursery and we will move Katie upstairs most likely when we decide it's time to have another baby. This is the closest bedroom to our room and we need to keep this bedroom the nursery for each baby for that reason.
         I'm in the nursery mentally planning things out and moving furniture around when I feel arms wrap around me. I gasp until I realize it's Spencer. I tell him "I didn't hear you come in?" He smiles and says "it seemed you were very deep in thought." I smile and tell him "I want her nursery to be perfect." Spencer smiles and kisses my forehead as he says "I think you're nesting." I smile and shrug "either way, I just want her nursery to be perfect."
Spencer chuckles and asks me "have you picked out a paint color?" I nod and tell him "I've got it narrowed down to these three shades." Spencer laughs and says "you're just like Shelby from 'Steel Magnolias.'" I frown and tell him "well I hope I have a happier ending than she did." Spencer frowns and shakes his head "I didn't mean that. You're just always picking shades of pink." I smile and shrug "I like pink." Spencer chuckles and places a hand on my belly, making the baby kick wildly, as he says "blush and bashful." I smile and tell him "thank you for learning my favorite things." He smiles and says "you are my favorite subject to study."
         Spencer tells me "we've finally got the pool opened up and the chemicals appropriately balanced." I laugh and tell him "my husband having a PhD in chemistry comes in handy." Spencer chuckles and says "why don't we go for a swim? Being in the water will probably help take some pressure off of your spine." I smile and nod "that sounds great." Spencer smiles and kisses me gently. He takes my hand and says "let's get changed." As we are walking to our bedroom to change into bathing suits, I tell him "I don't have any one piece bathing suits, though." Spencer stops and asks "why does that matter?"
        I shrug and tell him "I don't want to wear a bikini with my belly hanging out." Spencer laughs and says "one of my primary motivations of getting the pool ready was getting to see my wife's pregnant belly on display more often." I laugh and scoff incredulously before he adds "and I knew it would probably help you feel better with some of your symptoms." I laugh again "for that you're forgiven." As I'm pulling out a bikini to wear I ask Spencer "why don't we have the team over for the fourth? Have everybody over to swim and stuff?" Spencer smiles and nods "that sounds like a great idea!"
         We change quickly and I'm wearing a pink bikini that I've had probably since before I met Spencer. I look in the mirror and realize my boobs have grown significantly since the last time I wore this swimsuit. It's been over a year at least. I turn from the mirror and look at Spencer. His mouth literally drops in response. I wave a hand in front of his face and tell him "my eyes are up here, buddy." He shakes his head and clears his throat "um, I'm sorry, you caught me off guard." I laugh and say "I caught myself off guard. They've definitely grown."
        Spencer laughs and nods "there's no denying that. Let's go try out our pool for the first time, hmm?" I smile and nod, taking his hand. The pool has been open for about a month, but the chemicals haven't been right until now so we didn't risk it, especially with the baby. We walk outside and I take it all in. We've just bought new lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas and chairs for the team to come over. We have tons of pool toys and floats and we have outdoor speakers set up. I'm so excited, this is one of the things I've always wanted that's been on my bucket list.
        I must look happy because Spencer smiles and asks me "what do you think?" I hug Spencer around the waist and tell him "I love it, bubs." He kisses me on the forehead and says "me, too." He takes the first steps into the pool and tells me "it's actually a bit warmer than I thought it would be." He offers me his hand and I take it as well as holding onto the railing as I take my first step into the pool. Spencer is right, it's not that cold. We walk into the shallow end together and I just sink into the water.
        I lay on my back and let my hair sink into the water and spread out around me. I float effortlessly and let out a moan of content. Spencer kneels on the shallow end next to me and helps me even further by lifting me up slightly on my back and relieving more pressure off of my spine. For a minute or so, we sit silently save for the birds in the trees. I eventually open my eyes and see Spencer smiling at me. I chuckle shyly and ask "what?" He shrugs "you just look so beautiful and I can't believe this is my real life." I smile and lean up to kiss him on the lips. He returns the kiss gently as I thread my hands in his hair.
         The kiss deepens and I moan into his mouth. Spencer lifts me with his hands on my butt. He picks me up and sets me on the edge of the pool on the concrete. I groan in disappointment when his mouth is no longer in my reach. He chuckles and says "while I am enjoying this side effect of pregnancy lately, we don't need to have sex in the pool. The water will do the opposite of lubrication and can actually hurt you in the process. The last thing I want to do, especially now, is hurt you." I pout, but deep down I know he's right.
          He smirks and gently presses on my chest so I have to lie down on the concrete. He then bends down and moves my bikini bottoms to the side, gently trailing his tongue through my folds and around my clit. My breathing picks up and I struggle to keep my legs open. Spencer holds one leg open and holds my bottoms to the side with his other hand. I untie both side ties and pull the bottoms off of me, making Spencer smirk. He continues to hold one leg open and he takes his right thumb to my clit, rubbing it in circles as his tongue explores me. I'm breathing heavily and am so close to the edge, literally and metaphorically.
        Spencer catches me by surprise when he pulls my engorged breasts out of the bikini top and quickly uses both hands to give each nipple gentle attention. This sends me over the edge and I grab fistfuls of Spencer's hair to ground myself as I feel myself fall into that delicious abyss of pleasure. My chest is heaving when I come out of it, body warm against the concrete. Spencer gently pulls me to sit up and asks me "feeling satiated now?" I smile an almost drunk smile as I nod. My libido has been through the roof the last couple of weeks. I know it's a side effect of pregnancy but damn I didn't expect this and I don't think Spencer did either. He's been better about reading my signals and touching me in sexual and nonsexual ways.
         Spencer grabs my bottoms and fixes the ties before helping me put them back on my body. I raise a brow at him and he says "God forbid Morgan barges in here to work on the house unannounced." I laugh and nod. I know if Morgan looked outside and saw what we just did he probably would've turned around and walked away, leaving the house without saying a word or working on the house at all. Spencer looks at my belly and crouches down in the pool to talk to the baby.
        Spencer says "I don't know what you're doing to your mom to make her this horny all the time. Maybe dial it back a bit." I scoff and tell him "after the baby comes it will be at least 6 weeks before we can do anything remotely sexual." He smiles and doesn't make eye contact with me as he says "it'll definitely be worth it. I went 22 years without sex and I could do it again if you needed that long." I chuckle and ask "does that include doing it yourself?" His eyes glance up to meet mine when he says "now that is a different story." I throw my head back in laughter at his honesty. I tell Spencer "I wouldn't want to go that long in between so don't worry. Plus, we want more than one baby and I am not having babies in my fifties or later." Spencer chuckles "then we better be sure my pullout game gets better." I laugh "let's unload the gun instead of worrying about where the bullets end up."
Spencer nods "good point. Have you given anymore thought to how many kids you want?" I hum and tell him "I thought I wanted like 5 or 6, but this pregnancy has been rough sickness wise so I'm not sure about that." Spencer nods in response "if you wanted 10 babies I'd do my best to provide for that many, granted your physical health could withstand it. If the doctor says that it isn't safe I'll definitely get a vasectomy and we won't have to worry about you getting sick or injured." Spencer continues to say after a beat "and if you want to stop after this baby, then I understand and I won't push you." I give him a sad smile and tell him "I definitely want to have more babies. I will not have my child be a bored only child."
Spencer laughs and says "it wasn't too bad for me." I raise a brow "yes it was. You were bullied relentlessly and now you have to do everything to help your mom by yourself. You're a wonderful son, but I'm sure it would be easier on you to have a sibling to help take care of your mom." Spencer is quiet for a bit. He doesn't nod or shake his head. I wonder if he's considering this for the first time in his life. I tell him softly "but now you have me to share the responsibilities with." I place a hand on his cheek and he leans into it, putting a hand on mine, and finally makes eye contact with me.
Spencer smiles finally and says "thank you." I get back in the water and connect our lips gently. When we pull apart I tell Spencer "I love you." He smiles and connects our lips again and says "I love you, too." I grin and peck his lips a couple more times before I swim away from him and ask him "you wanna play mermaids?" Spencer throws his head back laughing and asks me "how do you play mermaids?" I smile and grab his hand, pulling him into the deep end with me. I tell him excitedly "come on, I'll teach you!"