Chapter 21- Down Hill

"Where were you?" My dad asks as I enter the house.

"Get this, I was at my brother's house," I fake gasp, and my dad's face drops.

"What?" He says quietly.

"What?" My mom sounds shocked as she jumps up.

"Yeah, Mom, I know you didn't wanna know anything about when you both sent Barry away, but he's here," I cross my arms and turn to my dad.

"So, explain yourself, right now. You knew where you sent him, you sent him as far away as possible, and it's no coincidence that Ward just happens to live here. You didn't even tell us when we moved here, you hid it from us," I pause and hang up my coat.

"I know you don't go to Ward's most of the time you go out, so where do you go? Explain yourself," I say loudly and my mom breaks down, she doesn't know about this, you can tell.

"And I'm fed up of you avoiding how you know about Rafe doing coke, and I know you haven't spoke to Barry, so tell me, now!" I shout but he stays silent.

"Get out." My dad says.

"What?" I say.

"Excuse me?" My mom says turning to my dad.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I feel myself tearing up so I grab my coat and exit the house without arguing.

I walk to the Chateau and cry on the way, I stop crying by the time I reach the house, though. Sarah is there as well as JJ, I ask if I can stay for a while. They ask why but I tell them I would prefer if I didn't talk about it which they understood.

I turn off my location on my phone so my parents can't track me, I text my mom that I'm okay and she understands. Although, I know they're going to fight now.

"How come you didn't go to school? Kie said you weren't gone when she went to your house," John B says.

"I had stuff to do, and I completely forgot I walk with Kiara, oops," I laugh and then I turn to JJ.

"JJ, can I please talk to you?" I ask nervously.

"Sure cupcake," He smiles and stands up, leading us to the kitchen.

"I think you know what this is going to be about... Right?" I look up at him and he looks like he's figured it out.

"It's Rafe, isn't it," He sighs.

"I love you JJ, but not like that, I consider you one of my best friends, and I hope me, you, Kiara and Sarah can still have that girl's night," I smile, trying to make the situation a bit more light-hearted.

JJ stays silent.
"I gotta go piss," He says as he quickly walks away, he's now holding his chest tightly and breathing heavily.
Shit...

"I think I should go... Tell JJ I'm sorry," I tell the others and Sarah jumps up.

"Where are you going?" Sarah asks.

"Home, but, do you know where Rafe's dealer lives? I uh..." I try to lie my way out, but Sarah and John B are getting the wrong impression.

"Woah, no, not so I can get drugs, Rafe is staying there and I need to talk to him," I say quickly, and they breathe a sigh of relief.

"Shit, don't scare us like that," John B laughs.

"Sorry," I laugh.

"It's easier if I just drive you there," John B says as he stands up.

"I'll stay here, bye Ashley," Sarah hugs me and kisses John B.

"Bye," I smile. I know it's because she wants to stay with JJ, she knows what it was about.

John B drives me to Barry's house, most of the drive is silent, but then he asks me a question.