Chapter 11

Isaac

It is Monday again. Classes were pretty boring today. I am currently walking to practice, alone, because Toby is ill, a flu or something. That fucker.

After a quick change, I make my way onto the field, where most of the team is already waiting for me. Mrs. Peterson is also standing there, scribbling on her notepad. A strict look on her face - as always.

"Guys. Our game against the Harrington Heirs is right around the corner." I say, getting the attention from the boys.

"We will fuck them." Our wide receiver, Daniel, says, accompanied by a few shouts from the guys.

"We will." I say, before nodding to Coach, signalling her to take over.

Playing against Jayden, huh. He will go down. I think in the most friendliest way possible, an evil grin on my face.

~~~~~~~

Practice was draining, again. Coach really loves to take all her pent up anger out on us. That woman needs to see a therapist or try yoga, I smile, exiting the school building. Saying that I am tired is an understatement. Working late yesterday really took it's toll on me.

I eventually reach my car and fish out my keys as someone presses me against the surface of the vehicle.

"WHAT THE FUCK." I shout. Trying to break free from the hold, unsuccessfully.

I don't even need to see his face to know that he is smirking. Oscar that fucker.

"Shitface." I grit through my teeth, squirming under his touch. What does this guy eat?

"You were late today, captain." He whispers into my ear. His lips lightly brushing my skin. Oscar knows how to push my buttons, immediately welcoming the all to familiar feeling of rage.

I suddenly remember the trick, Toby's cousin taught me once. In the splits of a second, I turn us around, with Oscar now trapped between me and the car, both of my hands on either side of his body.

"None of your business. Dickhead." Now I am the one whispering and by the looks of it, he is very uncomfortable, which I interpret as a sign to continue.

To say I was late, is an exaggeration. I was merely five minutes away, speaking to my mum on the phone. She informed me that my grandparents will visit us tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love them but they always find a way to get under my skin and with them I mean grandma. "When will you introduce us to your girlfriend?" "Make me a cup of tea, will you." "Isaac this, Isaac that."

Deep in thought, I don't realize that I've let go of my vigilance, giving Oscar a chance to strike back. He swipes my feet away in one quick motion, sending me clashing on the cold ground with him on top of me. A low grunt escapes my lips, that seriously hurt.

"What is your fucking problem?" I hiss, feeling the pain in my shoulder.

"You, golden boy." He whispers, closing the distance between us, stopping a few inches over my face, his eyes filled with an emotion I have never seen before.

We lay there for moments, not one of us dares to move. The pain in my shoulder long forgotten. My eyes holding his gaze, his face still only inches away from mine. A weird feeling settles around my stomach area that I can't quite decipher.

Not wanting to deal with it now, I quickly displace the feeling with hate. Gathering all my strength, I ram my knee in his stomach, sending the boy off of me with a pained grunt. "Asshole." I mouth before I enter my car and exit the car park seconds later, without looking back once.

~~~~~~~

Oscar

"Fuck." I shout, ramming my fist against the cold surface of the floor, which draws blood immediately. I hiss, feeling the pain skyrocket. Why does he fuck with my head so much?

Why did I even approach him to start with? What was that feeling I felt while holding his gaze? Since the party on the weekend and Isaac making out with that bitch, this weird feeling comes back again and again. Insanity is the only explanation, I decide.

Not wanting to linger around any longer, I stalk back to my jet black car and start the engine. I need some serious distraction and therefore click on Sarah's contact a second after. Still feeling his green eyes on me, even though his car disappeared a long time ago. What the fuck is wrong with me?