Chapter 20

Oscar

After seeing Isaac and that boy yesterday in the parking lot I couldn't really come up with a coherent train of thoughts since, school was shit today. So, I decide it is time for some distraction and, therefore, I phoned my worse half - Ant.

I still don't know what to think of Isaac. I mean he is my rival and I still hate him and want to rip out his guts but there is more to it, especially after seeing Jayden with him, I don't know, honestly.

"Yeah, take that fuckers!" Anthony's voice is booming through my bedroom. I cringe at his exclamation, he is exaggerating as always. We are currently playing some shooter game he convinced me to buy.

"You want a drink?" I question to which he just nods in response, not once breaking his stare from my tv screen. I drop my controller and walk to the mini fridge on the opposite side of my room. Two cans of coke in my hand a second later.

It is currently 7 pm, Anthony will probably stay for another hour or so. But I don't really care, he is like my brother anyway. I met that fucker even before kindergarten, mine and his parents are best of friends, so naturally, me and Anthony got along instantly. And since then I am sometimes proud to call him my best friend. I smile.

"You smile like a psycho, you know that?"

"Save it, dickhead." I playfully hit his shoulder.

~~~~~~~

Ant has left approximately an hour ago, it is 9 pm right now. Even though I am kind of tired, I know that I won't be able to sleep for the next hours. Every time I close my eyes, forest green eyes appear overshadowing the darkness and then his face occupies my mind. Again and again, for another hour.

Eventually giving up on sleep completely I decide to go on my phone. A few new messages from people I don't know. Some new posts on Instagram and a few follower requests, which I politely decline. Although I enjoy attention to a certain level, I also love my own bubble I can escape to and I keep my circle of friends small, not like a certain blonde-haired boy. Popular bastard.

I unconsciously start smiling. Stop smiling you idiot. What the fuck?

But speaking of the devil, I happen to know that he has to work late tonight and then suddenly an idea pops into my head. In the bits of a second I am standing again, black joggers, a black hoodie and a black cap. Operation "Stalk Isaac" begins.

While driving in my, who guessed it, black car towards the other side of the town, I start thinking again. What am I even doing? What should I say when he sees me? I decide to rename the Operation to Operation "Gain Information about my enemy to use it against him", because stalking him would mean I got obsessed with him and that is not the case, right?

After justifying my actions I park the car on the side of the street where I can directly see into the shop. I can make out an old lady sitting at the checkout, she must be the owner of this rather cozy store. But I seriously doubt that she could stand her ground against some shoplifter or maybe she mastered the art of Taekwondo or some shit, who knows.

Plus I think Isaac is incapable of doing anything right, so he won't be a big help. I smirk which I immediately refrain again, suddenly remembering Ant's words. A psychopath huh? Truth be told, I am stalking some old lady in the middle of the night - I am a psychopath. Fuck.

~~~~~~~

Isaac

I am soooooo tired. My eyelids are heavy and my muscles ache. Since 8 pm not a single soul entered the store. My phone is dead, I forgot to charge it and with Ming leaving me now all alone I am bored out of my mind. She said her goodbyes before exiting the store, which means I have to take her place at the checkout.

I rest my head on my elbows which are on the counter. I'll just close my eyes for a few-

Before I realize it, sleep takes over me.

A loud bang in front of me causes my eyes to spring open, my body shots up in an instant. Fuck, I fell asleep. Still a little surprised and probably sleep-drunken I expect to see a pissed-off costumer, but it is even worse.

"Good morning, princess." Oscar's voice pisses me off already. What does he want here? Am I still dreaming? Wait, is he smirking?

"Asshole." I spat.

"Now don't be rude to a costumer." He lectures me which pisses me off even more. Why out of all people?

"Get lost, asswipe." He laughs a little at my insult.

Without answering he throws a packet of mint gum in my face, which surprises me. I lean back a little, not paying attention to the broken wheel of the chair and then it happened. I lost my balance and with a loud bang, I fall back. The back of my head hit the wall in the process. Fuck, that hurt.

As I open my eyes again, I half expected to see a smirking Oscar but instead I am greeted with worry in his eyes. What the hell? He seems to realize it and quickly puts up a glare, now hate is evident in his orbs. My eyes never leaving his as I stand back up again, not daring to sit back down on the chair, I lean against the counter now.

"Trying to get rid of your smelly ass breath, finally." I chuckle, which pisses him off even more.

His jaw visibly tenses and his knuckles turn white. Oh shit. In the splits of a second he makes his way around the counter and pins me against the wall. My head hits the surface again, which causes me to hiss in pain.

"Can't you handle a bit of pain. Golden boy." He mocks, now I am the one glaring.

"Let me the fuck go." I press through gritted teeth. I am seriously concerned, what if a costumer calls the police on Oscar because our position looks kinda misleading and him wearing all black is also not favorable. He catches the worry in my eyes and breaks the silence again.

"Chill cowboy, the store is officially closed, it is past midnight." Relief washes over me. But, hold on- why is he familiar with the closing hour?

I narrow the gap between us and lean forward, my lips now at his ear.

"Are you stalking me, love?" Some time during middle school we started using pet names to piss each other off, which seems to work this time too. His jaw now impossibly clenched. He is so close to exploding, I can already feel the crippling tension, he radiates.

"Would you like me to stalk you, babe?" He whispers back, his stubble rubbing against the side of my face, which catches me off guard. Shit. What should I say?