Chapter 23

Isaac

After yesterdays, let's say, event, in the supermarket I slept pretty good actually, which surprised me. Normally, after encountering Oscar I hardly get any sleep but I somehow managed to sleep through the whole night like a baby. Therefore, school wasn't all too bad today, still no signs of Zoe though. I should really send her a message.

To say I made up my mind about Oscar is exaggerated, given the fact that I still can't describe how he makes me feel really. I just don't know how yesterday influenced our rivalry. We have known each other for years, but never once had a civil conversation without any insults or fighting before. Maybe it will turn out worse than before, who knows. I certainly don't.

I am currently on my way to the small cafe next to the park. Normally, I am not the guy who likes spending afternoons in a cafe, I mean I like coffee but I don't enjoy the atmosphere there, I don't know. Maybe I am just scared that people will find out, because that would not fit into the popular-football-captain-bad-boy-aesthetic.

The reasons for my visit is Jessica. She messaged me before and asked if I wanted to meet her there. She said something about her other friends being busy and since I am a gentlemen I couldn't really say no. Plus she is still a nice girl, even though she slept with that asswipe, or maybe he just said that to get a reaction out of me.

Minutes later I arrive at the small entrance of the building. I can already see Jess sitting in the corner of the room with a pleased look on her face. I have to say, she is gorgeous but I only see her as a friend, great, now I have to think about the moment with Jayden in the car park.

She has probably seen me already because she is waving her hand in my direction, now smiling. I leisurely make my way through the pretty crowded café. Did half the town decide to have a little get together on a random Wednesday afternoon in this coffee shop or what?

"Hey." She greets warmly as I reach her desk.

"Hi." I smile, before taking the seat opposite her. She must have waited with ordering because the desk is still empty. No coffee or anything in sight.

"What do you want, I'll get us something to drink." I offer like the gentleman I am.

"A hazelnut mocha."

"Great choice. I'll be back in a sec." She just nods in response. I make my way towards the counter and queue up, finally taking a good look around the shop. I must admit the ambience is kind of relaxing. A silent music is playing in the background, adding a warm touch to the cafe. Maybe coffee shops aren't that bad. I could get used to the atmosphere actually.

As it is finally my turn to order, I quickly tell the barista our desired drinks, as well as our desk number, after paying I make my way back to Jessica. Maybe a little distraction in form of Jessica is not that bad actually, to get my head off certain things and with things I mean a black haired football player.

~~~~~~~

Oscar

School was kind of shit today. I couldn't really focus, not that I would normally, but you get what I mean. And to make matters even worse, Anthony was absent, said something about the flu, I guess, he only wanted to ditch bio. That fucker.

I had to sit alone for the whole of lunch, because my so-called best friend decided to leave me all by myself today. Now, don't get me wrong, I have other friends besides Anthony but I don't really like spending time with them. They are cool and all but I don't know. My mum always used to say that I get attached pretty easily, I think that is the reason why I don't really spend time with other people besides football and school.

I don't want them to realize my vulnerability and maybe even use it against me in the future. What can I say, teenagers are brutal and ready to strike just for a few more followers.

Since today's practice is officially cancelled which I am more than grateful for, considering the scene in the shop yesterday, I make my way straight home. I don't want to think about our little moment, scared that my body reacts to certain images flashing through my head. Images of a blonde haired boy, moaning in my mouth. Shit. Stop thinking Oscar.

I don't really know what to think of him. I mean he is still the biggest douche bag I have ever met but somehow I don't really enjoy seeing him hurt or worried anymore. Our rivalry has always been easy, I piss him off and get a reaction out of him, he does the same and we are even, but now, I don't really know how our little feud will turn out, honestly.

Everything seems to become so complicated when it involves Isaac. We always saved the worst for each other and that was kind of our thing, till now, I guess. We can't just continue as if nothing ever happened, not after what went down in that stupid little store. Shit, I need answers.

I know that he probably doesn't have a fucking clue either but it is worth a shot. Maybe it will ruin us even more but we are already at a point of no return, a little more won't hurt, will it?

~~~~~~~

Isaac

My "date" with Jess went pretty well. We talked about so many things and I am seriously questioning myself why we haven't met earlier - and I don't mean the occasional side glances in the hallway. She is one of the coolest girls I have ever met. Not as cool as Zoe though, nobody tops her.

It is currently 7 pm. I just showered and am currently changing into a pair of fresh boxers and a shirt, ready for my bed, as the sound of a new notification on my phone interrupts the silence.

My curiosity spikes as I turn the device on, wanting to know who has the balls to disrupt me this "late" at night. I cringe at my own thoughts, I am eighteen and not eighty what the fuck?

A message from an unknown number.

Unknown: "need to talk."

Me: "who r u?"

Unknown: "ur mum, now open the window."

I rub my eyes before reading the last message again, what? My window? I walk to the glass and see Oliver glaring at me from the tree, in front of it. He is only wearing a fucking shirt, even though the temperatures are nearly freezing. Does he want to die?