SECRETS

Chapter Thirty Two

I wasn't even sure how long has it been, it's so dark in here. I'm not even sure if the sun ever rose up when I went to bed.

I was huffing, sweating and bleeding from my head. The Duke along with Cristina, had their arms crossed looking at what their sons done to me.

"Pft, I was wishing for worst" Cristian commented "manners my love" the Duke walked closer to me. "After this experiencing, do you promise daddy to work harder?"

Daddy??

I scoffed and chuckled a little, "to back stab my own husband just for your guys pleasure?" I asked "I've been doing that since the day I was born!" I shouted at them.

For you Helena, you deserved better. I'll get them back for you.

SLAP!

Cristina smacked my face, "don't raise your voice at him" Cristina pulled my hair, pulling me closer. "You're gonna be treated, and you won't speak of it to anyone. If you do, you'll know what will happen" she smiled evilly.

There she goes again, what is she even talking about??

The Duke unlocked my cuffs, I fell in my knees to the concrete ground. A maid came down and helped me up, Cristina and the Duke went up first, and so did I.

The maid went to my room, where three other maids were at. They started treating my wounds.

"The Duke and Duchess said if anyone asks about the cuts, to lie" a maid said.

Do I have a choice?

I winced when they put ointment. "Where are my parents?" I asked "they left for business. You are free to roam the parlance, Lady Helena" they finished my treatment and walked out. I struggled getting up but managed.

"How many days has it even been?" My stomach growled of hunger.

I should eat something before they try poisoning me again?

I went down stairs to the kitchen and looked around. I ended up making myself apples with caramel. I snacked on them.

Didn't expect this world to have caramel.

I finished snacking and roamed around the palace to find anything useful for the future to bring the Lavgine down.

Hm, where would I keep big secrets?

I looked around the palace.

The office!

I ran to the Duke's office. Before entering, I looked around and there was no one in sigh, I entered. I went through books, some drawers but couldn't find anything.

I groaned.

There has to be something here!

A file caught my eye, I sat on the chair and opened it.

Holy shit!

The Lavgine is worse than I expected, they committed to many treasons against the emperor, and I'm sure he doesn't even know about this!

The file explained things like how the Duke Lavgine was selling illegal magic in the black market, Louis would go abroad to try to make "connections" but was actually stealing things from families.