Ch12 You were gone

JIMIN

I pushed the door open, just to see that Y/N was already looking at me like she had waited another year to see me again.

We had just finished our breakfast that I cooked. We shared, and I know she liked the taste because she ate a lot more than me, and that's why I knew she liked it. When we are done, I take the tray back to the kitchen and wash the utensils. I can't just leave it there because Jungkook has already cleaned up the mess.

I closed the door behind me and went to sit beside her, but she still didn't take her eyes off me.

"Yeah, I know you have a lot of questions and want an answer. You can ask me everything now, and I will give you the truth."

I take her hands and gently give them a peck before I put them to rest on the top of the pillow that was resting on her lap. She just stares at me and watches me silently. It took her less than a minute before she came back to her senses, and then she started to pump me with questions.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me? Where's Minji? How is she doing?"

I stayed silent while carefully listening to all her questions. She stopped after she threw me some, but I know she still has a lot on her mind to ask me.

"I'm here because I miss you, I'm here because I want to ask for your forgiveness, I'm here to beg you to come back and make our family whole again, and I'm here because of Minji."

"I found you because of Minji, she found your diary, and with that, she made everything clear for me. Minji wants to leave home and find you, I stopped her, and we both left home for Rome. Mrs. Jeon, give us your parents addresses. I asked them for forgiveness and begged them to tell me where I could find you, thankfully, they forgave me and gave me your address."

"Minji chose to stay with mom and dad in Rome, she let me come to look for you alone and ordered me to bring you back to her as fast as possible."

"Minji was not fine until the day she found out the true reason why you left. She grew up smart and beautiful, like her mother. She grew up kind and humble like you, Y/N."

"Why are you here, Jimin? If you were here to ask me to sign a divorce paper, then you're wasting your time. I will not let you and that woman of yours keep laughing behind me. I was already miserable, so why not join me?"

Here, faces suddenly fall into sadness. I can also see she is worried, but her anger is more visible in her eyes. On the other hand, I felt happy hearing she didn't want to divorce me. My hope of making us whole again is very strong. I believe we will get back together again and be a happy family.

"Divorce? We can do that too."

After I said that, I observed her carefully. I saw her hands clenching on the pillow that was placed on her lap. But I immediately regretted keeping my comment short when I saw her eyes already clouded with tears.

"Get out, Jimin. Get out."

She yells at me, and I know she really misunderstands me.

"No, baby, that's not what I mean."

"Then what?"

"Y/N, we marry each other because of our parents' will. Let's get divorced and end that arrangement. Let's get married, but this time because we share love and because of our own will."

"Do you really feel the same about me, Jimin? And how about her, that woman?"

"Yes, I know I love you. Her? I already ended things up between us, and that was the same day when I got home and you were gone."

"Why?"