Ch23 To begin with

JIMIN

I was very thankful to my in-laws for giving me another chance. They know how badly I treated their daughter, but still, they never show any hatred towards me. They had welcomed me and Minji here in their place warmly, even after years had passed that they hadn't seen their only granddaughter.

After dinner, Minji invites her mom inside the room where she sleeps. Of course, she didn't have her own room here in the Rome at my in-laws place, we were just guests for today. They went inside to have a mother-daughter moment, and I was glad to see them together again. Mr. Song and I also had a serious conversation after the girls left us in the living room while Mrs. Song went to bed early.

Now, I was lying on the bed in Y/N's room, Mrs. Song told me that my wife stays in here every time she visits them, and she visits six times a year for 15 years. She comes on her mom and dad's birthday, hers and Minji's birthday, her parents wedding anniversary, and from Christmas to New Year's, she comes to celebrate with her parents.

Wait, how about my birthday?

Oh, yah, she hates me to death, that's why she left, so why would she celebrate my birthday, stupid me.

I checked my phone, and it was already half past one in the morning, but Y/N still hadn't come. I was curious if they fell asleep while chatting or went out, so I walked out of the room and went to check on them. I knocked softly before turning the doorknob slowly, but I got surprised when I saw them still awake, sitting on the bed with their backs leaning on the headboard.

They both look in my direction and smile.

Thank God they are both in a good mood.

"Can I join? pretty please."

I didn't hear any words from them, but I saw Minji pat the space beside her.

"Thank you."

I walk to the other side of the bed and tuck myself under the quilt before leaning on the headboard like they do. The room became silent for awhile, making the three of us uncomfortable, but this should not be happening. I want us to talk about the things we need to make clear.

"Girls I'm really sorry for what I've done. I'm grateful that you gave me a chance to prove myself. I want us to start again and live peacefully, and to begin with, I want us to clear everything here. I know you still have so many things running through your mind about me, so please ask me questions, and I will answer them honestly."

I look at Y/N, she is looking down on her hand that is resting on the pillow on top of her lap. Minji's eyes were closed for awhile, but when she opened them, she threw me the questions.

"How do you exactly end everything with her? What did you tell her after you found out that she was sending Mom messages and photos of you? How did she react, and how did she accept it?"

She then looked at Y/N, took her hands, and caressed it softly.

"Mum I'm sorry. I know it hurts you to hear things about her and the past, but dad was right. With this, we can start a brand new life."

Y/N didn't say anything but nodded her head as she smiled at her daughter.

Right, after this, we will have a brand new life and a happy family.