Ch28 The Song

Y/N

When Minji said that mom and dad were waiting in the music room, I already knew the reason. I felt embarrassed already right at that moment. I don't know how to act in front of Minji, especially in front of Jimin. I'm not sure if I can open my mouth and spit a single note when they are watching.

But all of my worries vanished when I saw Dad already sitting there with his guitar.

I miss this moment, I miss our father and daughter moments while singing, and there was mom video recording everything, every time. I sat on the chair beside Dad, and when I looked at Minji, I felt joy when I saw her very happy and excited, and from there, I gathered my confidence and told myself that I could do this not for myself but for my daughter.

Go, mom, sing for us with grandpa."

"Anything you want, dear?"

"Ahh... I want to hear you sing the song you want to tell dad after all these years."

"Alright."

I looked at Jimin, he was also smiling while patiently waiting for me to start. I look at him and smile when an idea pops into my mind. I will sing him a song that will show him that I'm strong and that I don't need him anymore. I want to see how he reacts.

I'm sorry, Jimin, it's just a show.

I look at Dad and give him a sign to start playing the music. Dad stood up and went to play the minus one, then came back and sat on his chair. The music started playing, and it was also time for the show.

Gigi De Lana

I start to sing I will survive, and the whole time my eyes were fixed on Jimin, like I was mocking him and sending him all the messages from the song. I was so focused and very much concentrating on my singing, but the truth is, I was laughing hard inside observing my daughter and her father's reaction to what I was singing for Jimin.

I saw Minji in her very surprised reaction as she covered her mouth every time and never forgot to look at her dad, like she was also mocking him like she wants him to fully realize the message of the song. I want to let out a loud laugh, but I can't. I also can't afford to make mistakes in front of them. I want to leave a very impressive performance on her and her dad since it was the first time they witnessed me sing.

I finished the song with Jimin stood there frozen, his mouth ajar and his eyes looking straight at mine. I smile at him and immediately turn to Minji.

"How is it, dear?"

"Amazing mom, you're amazing."

"Thank you, dear. Any song you want me to sing for you?"

"No, I want to hear one more song for dad."

I know Minji knows that I'm playing with her dad's emotions when she again asks for a song for him. I smile because there is another song I can sing to make Jimin act like he did earlier.

I again whispered to dad the title of the song, and gladly dad went to play the minus one of it again.

The music starts playing as Minji also starts jamming at the intro, and then I begin singing.

Gigi De Lana

A/N:
I was amazed by her beautiful face and voice, and I also love how she sings it full of life. She also covers Dynamite and Butter, please do watch them on YouTube.