Ch3 Father

JIMIN

I groaned as I experienced severe pain. I got to my feet and tried massaging my head, in an attempt to relieve the pain, but it didn't help. I look up at that wall clock in my room just to find out that it is already 10 a.m.

Damn, it's late.

I quickly got up and ran to my closet to get a pair of business clothes before rushing to the bathroom to take a quick bath. At this point my daughter was already in school, and for sure her mother has come back from sending her. Even though I am not here everyday to see everything, I still know the daily routine because I monitor my angels' daily activities with the help of the maids whom I order to report to me everything that is happening here at home. My daughter is my precious jewel for now, so I have to know her daily life. I wanted to install a camera at home so I don't need to ask the maid every time, but Y/N is not willing to. She said there will be no more privacy for the maids if we put the house on monitor, and I understand where she's coming from.

I walk down to the car park, ready to leave, but I don't see Y/N's car, it's past 10, so it's so unusual that she's not home yet.

'Did she and Jungkook have somewhere to be again?'

I got inside my car, and because I was thinking hard about where the two went, I ended up just sitting in the backseat, forgetting to give a signal to my personal driver to leave, which made me more late for work.

"Mr. Park, did you forget anything, sir?"

I enter the house again after sitting down on my car with my soul wandering around, wondering where in the world is my wife by now. I end up not going to work anymore because I am waiting for her, I admit.

"Mrs. Jeon, It's time to pick up Minji at school, right?"

"Yes, sir, that's why I'm leaving now."

"Wait, Mrs. Jeon, how about Y/N? Won't she pick up our daughter?"

"Last night she told me she and Jungkook will visit her parents, that she won't be able to make it on time."

"Okay, maybe just stay here, and I will go and pick up my daughter and drive her to my in-laws' for a visit too."

"Then I will just go straight to the supermarket then."

"Let me drop you off then."

I pushed the door open of the nursery room and saw some parents already carrying their children on their arms, smiling happily and ready to leave. I approach the lady behind the counter, and she smiles when she notices me.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up my daughter."

"Hi sir, may I know your daughter's name, sir?"

"Minji, Park Minji."

"Ohh"

The lady at the counter looked surprised when she heard me say my daughter's name.

"Please take your seat awhile, sir."

I went to sit while she took the telephone to make a call. Maybe she will call the teacher to inform.

After one or two minutes, a tall woman came out of the room with my daughter in her arms. I stood up, and when Minji saw me, she suddenly got excited as she swung her feet while clapping her hands. I smile and feel happy seeing my daughter happy to see me. I walk to their direction to meet them so I can take Minji from the teacher, but when I stretch my hand ready to take my daughter on my arms, the woman suddenly doubts as I can see her hold my daughter a little tighter and a worry is painted on her face.

"It's fine, Miss Ji, he is Mr. Park, Minji's father."

The teacher relaxed a little and smiled apologetic to me before she handed Minji to me.

"I'm sorry for my action earlier, Mr. Park. Please forgive me. It's just that I never see Minji's father since she started attending my class, and only Mrs. Y/N is whom I always talked to, about your daughter sir.

"It's fine, Miss Ji. I'm at fault too."

That's right, I was at fault too. Y/N enrolled our daughters in nursery school activities when she turned 2 years old, and since that time I have never stepped in to see how my daughter is coping up or how she does things outside the house with other people.

Am I have the right to be called father? Knowing with these simple things I can't even do for my only daughter.

A/N: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOTHERS OUT THERE.