Ch22 Just like you

Y/N

This is not happening, right? The last time I was here, mom and dad opened the door for me, but I'm not sure this time if they are still the ones who will open it for me. Excitement is overflowing on me, but I'm still worried, and it has found its space. I'm worried about how my daughter will react when she sees me. I'm scared that if she asks me something about the past, I won't be able to satisfy her with my answers. I don't want to leave her behind, but at that moment I was starting to lose my mind. I don't want her to grow up and witness me in my worst stage. Jimin may not have been a good husband back then, but he will never be a worse dad. He loves Minji, and I know even that woman before couldn't change that.

"Baby, what's wrong? Press the doorbell, they are waiting for us."

"J-jimin I watched Minji grow up and become a very beautiful lady, even if it was just through the photos that Mrs. Jeon sent me every day. I can say you brought her up so well with Mrs. Jeon's help, but still, those were just photos. I don't know what's in her heart, if she still has love for me or all that is left is hatred."

"Baby, Minji is just like you, she has open ears to everyone, her patience is longer than yours, and her heart is bigger than yours. I'm sure when she sees you, she will show you how much she loves you. Now press the doorbell, baby, so we can get an answer."

Jimin reassured me. With his words, I felt complacent and confident that Minji would welcome me warmly, but wait, I think there's something wrong with what Jimin had said.

"J-jimin"

"Hum"

He hummed and placed a kiss on my forehead before pulling me into a hug, and this time it was way tighter than earlier.

"You said Minji is just like me, but I can see she is more than me, as you say her heart is bigger than mine."

"She is like her mom, beautiful, kind, loving, carrying, smart, gorgeous, and sexy."

"Jimin"

"Oh, sorry, forget that last one, she is not as sexy as you."

He hugged me a little tighter, and I felt something poking me down. I look up to see Jimin already smirking at me. I push him so I can get out of his arms while my eyes widen.

"You pervert, you know where to make that thing alive and not here, not now."

I pressed the doorbell, and not long after, the door was opened by my daughter.

"Mum?"

She was so surprised, and I didn't expect that she would hug and kiss me. She is sobbing, and I can feel she is thirsty for a mother's touch. I can't avoid crying too. I was waiting for her to ask me something while we were hugging each other, but she never said a word after she called me mom. I saw my parents stand behind Minji while watching us. I miss my parents too, but I can't let go of Minji yet, so I pulled her body really close to mine.

"Come inside, dear, you've got a long way to go."

Mum invites us in.

We walk inside, but before I step foot at the door, I turn to Jimin and whisper,

"Fix that now, or else you can't touch me for a month."

I gave him a deal, I asked him to handle his problem while pointing at it before I went inside the house.