⚫What if...⚪

Warnings! Mentions of: Suicidal thoughts, child abuse.

It was Wednesday morning, 6:12 am. 

Willow was leaning over the kitchen counter, sipping coffee. Normally she drank tea. But after falling asleep in 5 classes, she knew something was needed to keep her awake. 

Everyone was gathered in the living room (Besides Willow) and were chatting about Titan knows what. 

Willow had finished packing everyone's lunches and was gently swaying her hips back a fourth to music in her head. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOUR JOKING RIGHT!" Amity all of a sudden started screaming.

"I THOUGHT YOU CHANGED! WHY SHOULD ANY OF US BELIVE YOU!" Amity was clearly livid.

"You don't understand!" Hunter's voice was somber, with a hint of anger.

"NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! HOW COULD YOU SUPPORT SOMEONE LIKE THAT!"

"Your just like me! Raised by a person, who did regrettable things!" Hunter was pleading for Amity to calm down.

"I'M NOTTHING LIKE YOU!" 

*Slap

Willow made it over just in time to see Amity give slap to Hunter cheek.
(📸🤨On his face you dirty minded rat)

" AND I HOPE IF I EVER BECOME ANYTHING AS DISPICABLE AS YOU, SOMONE WOULD END ME. CAUSE THEN. Maybe I'd deserve it!" Amity turned around, stalking upstairs without another word. 

"Dude, not cool." Gus frowned, before running after Amity.

"I can't believe you... I need a minute." Vee slithered upstairs, supposedly to Luz's bedroom.

"Hunter, you can't say that." Luz came and sat down next to the crying boy.

"Willow, go check on everyone." 

Willow nodded, rushing up the stairs.

"But what if he didn't mean it!" Hunter wailed.

"Belos meant everything he did to you. Nothing justifies it." Luz frowned.

"But what if he still loves me!" Hunter sank his head into his hands.

"He didn't"

"Belos loved me! He did!"

"You were fifteen Hunter; you didn't ask for this." Luz tapped the scar on Hunter's cheek.

"You were just trying to please your 'uncle'." 

"It's it terrible, after everything Belos did. I'm still trying to make up excuses." Hunter knew, Belos still loved him. He had to, or else the last 16 years weren't worth anything.

"It's not your fault." Luz went out to touch Hunter.

"YES IT IS! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE! YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT PAIN IT BRINGS ME, HOW ALL YOU KNOW WHAT A TERRIBLE PERSON I AM, BUT YOU STILL CARE ABOUT ME!  EACH DAY MY LIFE BECOMES MORE OF A LIE, AND NOTHINGS CHANGING! EVERYONE IS TRYING TO FORGET WHAT HAPPENED WITH BELOS POSSESING ME! BUT I HAVEN'T, I NEVER WILL..." Hunter lashed forwards, slapping Luz's hand away. 

"No one could see what I was back as the Golden Guard, no one could see what an awful person I was behind that mask. I was Belos's favorite, what young witches and demons strived to be. I was Belos's little secret, a dangerous but gifted powerless 'witch' ... And sometimes I'm afraid, that's all I want in this life." Hunter looked into Luz's eyes, tears streaming from his own.

Luz didn't say a word, she only looked into Hunter's hazily purple eyes. 

"Sometimes, I used to wonder if I should just kill myself. How can you fix a boy who only wants to be special again. And now, I know that's all true." 

Hunter and Luz just staired, until Hunter burst out sobbing again.

He fell into Luz's arms, soaking her shirt in tears.

"You know how bad Belos hurt everyone, their reactions weren't that drastic." Luz patted the boys back.

10 minutes eelier.   

"So, what are we going to do about Belos returning?" Gus was doodling on Hunter hands, he always did that when he saw Hunter was upset. 

"What can we do?" Luz sighed.

"We could try to find him?" Amity shrugged.

"Or maybe he got hit by a car and died!" Vee suggested. 

"If the collector couldn't kill him, I don't think A car can." Luz frowned.

"I hope that man dies, he was the last reason my mom went 'crazy'." Amity scowled, remembering her mom. Odalia was a cruel lady, a smart one at that.

"What do you think Hunter, you haven't said anything." Amity flicked her ear slightly. 

"I don't know... I kind of feel bad for him." Hunter knew this was wrong of him to say, but he couldn't deny the appending guilt he felt.

"What!" Amity looked shocked, Gus paused his drawing looking up at Hunter, Luz looked more intrigued, and Vee looked confused. Where was Willow? That didn't matter!

"How could you feel any sympathy for him!" Amity spat.

"Maybe Belos didn't mean any of it... Maybe the Titan did have big plans for me, maybe I was important." Hunter mumbled off at the last to parts.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOUR JOKING RIGHT!" Amity shot out of her seat, taking a few steps towards Hunter.

"I THOUGHT YOU CHANGED! WHY SHOULD ANY OF US BELIVE YOU!"

Hunter had just won the approval of Amity, and now he was losing it. 

"You don't understand!" She didn't, Hunter had spent all his life loving and worshipping Belos. And maybe, just maybe. Belos really meant good. 

"NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! HOW COULD YOU SUPPORT SOMEONE LIKE THAT!"

You would to if you had spent 16 years of your life with them, when you thought your family had died and they'd taken you in. Maybe then you'd support someone like that. 

"Your just like me! Raised by a person, who did regrettable things!" Hunter was pleading with Amity at this point.

"I'M NOTTHING LIKE YOU!" Amity took a few steps closer, till she was a foot away from Hunter face.

*SLAP 

Amity layed a slap to Hunter's face. 

" AND I HOPE IF I EVER BECOME ANYTHING AS DISPICABLE AS YOU, SOMONE WOULD END ME. CAUSE THEN. Maybe I'd deserve it!" Amity flipped around, stalking up the stairs with Gus and Vee.

Present 

"Do you think they hate me?" Hunter sniffed, wiping tears away from his face.

"..."

Willow had just come down the stairs with a hesitate, Amity, Gus, and Vee. 

"Do you hear that?" Luz looked around the room, very confused.

*WHOOSH

A blue burst of light shot through the room. A portal opened.

And out came the collector.

"HI! I'm surprising king with you guys, let's go!" The collector did a mini flip in the air, before snapping their fingers, and whisking everyone into the portal. 

🌻Hey Lovleys! I want to thank you for 2k reads! And I want to warn you, this story may be closing soon, and I don't like happy endings :3🌼

~1062 words~