the beginning

The young lombax waited,what is taking them so long.He looked around,if they didn't hurry they were going to be late for class.Two figures tackled him.It was his friends jak and sly,They all laughed and stood up.
"What took you two so long?" The golden lombax looked at them with an angry look.
"We had to borrow a few things right jak?" Jak nodded and smiled.Ratchet rolled his eyes,"They have told you a bunch of times that you can't steal things!"
"That's why I borrowed it" sly smirked.The bell rang and the three young boys ran to their class.Class seemed to go on forever,sly started to space out.When class finally ended,sly waited for ratchet and jak to finish packing up.
"Ratchet I have to speak to you in private." Ratchet nodded.Sly and jak waited outside for ratchet.
"What do you think they're talking about?" Jak shruged.The teacher walked out and told the two boys to leave.They started walking away,sly turned to see ratchet getting pulled by a man.Later sly and jak were sitting in their room.
"Seems like this orphanage is running out of money and they're gonna close it down" Jak nodded,Ratchet walked in."Hey.." He looked at them,they both ran up to him.
"Are they taking you to another orphanage?" Sly asked.
"Yeah..they're taking me somewhere else that's more suitable for my kind."
Ratchet started to pack.Sly started thinking.Sooner or later ratchet finished packing,jak and sly both handed him something.
"We know you don't know your birthday but we decided to get you something" Ratchet got the box and smiled,he hugged the both of them.
"When I'm older i'll come look for both of you." A man's voice called ratchet.He got his things and left.When they were far away from the orphanage ratchet opened the present. Three things were in there,a pilot's cap,gloves,and a wrench.