Chapter 37

Y'all was waiting on me? I knowww 🙄😂❤️

But look, I had this chapter written up and then deleted it bc I wanted to rewrite it better.

But trust me... it's worth it 😭

"So Mani, you seem to be glowing these days

"So Mani, you seem to be glowing these days."

Grace said while eyeing her with a smile. Normani just blushed a little, placing her phone down onto her lap before shrugging. It had been an entire hour now since her surprise birthday party began. Normani spent that time going around greeting everyone and catching up with all of her old friends and family members.

She had been socializing a lot, trying to keep her mind from Von. Unfortunately, she still hadn't heard from him and it was beginning to make her feel sick to her stomach. I mean, he was the one that planned this entire evening, so why wasn't he here?

"You think I'm glowing granny? Is that a good thing?"

Mani questioned while raising her eyebrows. Grace just nodded her head slowly.

"Oh yesss. It's a beautiful thing if you ask me."

She said before winking at her. Normani could feel her stomach turning a bit as her granny just gave her a look. She had a feeling that Grace might've known she was pregnant. Grace was the type of grandma where she could just look at people and read them all too well.

Mani just shifted in her seat a bit before looking off to the side. She wasn't necessarily planning on telling anybody about her pregnancy until Von knew first. Well, that's if he ever decided to show up.

"Dayvon is a really sweet man. I actually got to speak with him when he called me last week."

Grace went on.