Chapter 55

I wasss going to hold onto this chapter until tomorrow

I wasss going to hold onto this chapter until tomorrow... but I know some of y'all are up rn 👀

So here you go ❤️

Normani sat quietly inside the doctors office on the examination bed

Normani sat quietly inside the doctors office on the examination bed. She was no longer in pain as the nurses had provided her with a hot warm compress which they placed just below her stomach. The feeling of the warm towel against her abdomen had definitely helped with the pain a lot.

She was just sitting by herself, her legs propped up against the bed as she just waited patiently for the doctor to show up. They had ran some test on her and also did an assessment earlier just to see if they could figure out what was going on.

She just sighed a bit, chewing at the inside of her cheek nervously. She kept her hands on her stomach, feeling as True was just moving around, kicking against her stomach roughly. Normani felt like that had to be at least a good sign that True was ok since she was moving around a lot like she always did.

Durk, Ari, India and Herb were all just outside in the waiting room since nobody else could come in with Mani, per the doctors orders. The only other person that was allowed in the room with Normani would've been Von. He just wasn't here yet...

"Ugh...."

She muttered to herself before leaning her back against the pillow. She just closed her eyes, placing her hands up to her face before letting out another sigh. She could hear the sound of her room door opening. Normani just assumed it was one of the nurses coming in to check on her again. She didn't even bother to remove her hands from her face at all as she just stayed put.

She could just hear movement as somebody was coming towards her.

"Mani..."

The sound of Von's voice could suddenly be heard. She frowned, peaking through her fingers as she could see Von just standing right in front of her. She just took her hands off her face, her eyes meeting with his as she stared up at him.

She could feel herself suddenly beginning to get angry. The fact that she hadn't seen him in days just pissed her off. And then with him ignoring her on top of that, really just made everything worse.