Chapter 42

Y'all it's 3am LMAO

Y'all it's 3am LMAO. I could not sleep.

So here goes another chapter 😘

It was the next day. Normani found herself back at work sitting in her office. She had been there for a few hours now, and already was feeling like she needed to go home. Mani just had an extremely rough night since Von never came home after their argument yesterday.

She honestly didn't expect him to come home since she did sort of blow up on him. Normani lowkey felt like she let her anger get the best of her. Usually whenever her and Von would have a disagreement, they allowed each other the space to just communicate and figure it out right then and there. But lately, Normani just felt like she couldn't control her emotions.

She just leaned against her desk with her head in her hands. She didn't feel like working at all today. Mani could suddenly feel her phone vibrating against her lap as she just glanced at it. She had received a text message from Von, just checking in on her and making sure that she was ok. He had sent her a few messages this morning and even tried to call her too.

Normani just ignored them all. Part of her just felt embarrassed for even going off on him in the first place. It just wasn't like her to ever do that. Another part of her was still just annoyed by him missing a simple doctors appointment all because of Jayda.

To be fair, Von had never missed a visit before. So it's not like he meant to do it on purpose. Mani just didn't like the fact that Jayda was the main reason as to why he missed it in the first place. She didn't like how girls in general just felt so comfortable taking photos and posting pictures of Von with their hidden agendas. It was weird to her and made her feel uncomfortable. She just ignored all of his messages before locking her phone again.

The sound of a soft knock could be heard coming from her door which caught her attention.

"Maniiii? It's me Ari and India."

Ari's voice sounded. She just opened the door, peaking her head inside before spotting Normani.

"Hey Mani, you okay?"