twenty-one

Standing in front of a glass mirror in a luxurious office, Taehyung stared at the city with mixed feelings. His mind could only think of how he could defeat Jungkook. To take you back from Jungkook, he's sure it's not an easy thing to do. Jungkook is not someone who is easily fooled so he needs a good strategy to beat him.

While he was thinking about some strategy in his head, his office door was knocked on twice, making him turn around to see his assistant with someone. "I heard that you need me, Mr. Kim." the man said with a smirk. Taehyung didn't say anything and looked at his assistant to give him space to have a conversation with the man.

As soon as his assistant went out, he invited the man to sit on the sofa that was in the middle of his office. "It was surprising to have one of Jungkook's best men here." Taehyung looked at him with a cold look. He himself is confused about why Jungkook's man gave him an offer to beat Jungkook. The man just laughed and crossed his legs.

"Well, I just gave you the offer and expected that you would not accept it but my guess is wrong." he shrugged, making Taehyung frown in confusion. "I still haven't accepted the offer so don't put your expectations too high. Do you think that I will trust you easily?" he said, almost yelling, as he was really pissed off by the man's mocking tone. "Calm down, Mr. Kim. We both have the same goal so wouldn't it be better if we work together?" he stared at Taehyung and smirked.

Taehyung scoffed. He can't trust the man easily as this might be one of the traps set by Jungkook to kill him. "Why do I have to work with a man who works for my enemy?" he raised his eyebrows cockily, leaning closer to the man before he continued. "I believe that you will be killed if you are found to have betrayed your own leader." he smirked, but the man didn't react to his words. Instead, he stared at him firmly.

"Jung Y/n. Isn't she the girl you love? I heard that she had given up trying to run away from Jungkook. Does this mean your love story will end here?" he tilted his head and was pleased to see Taehyung's reaction change. He knows how to make Taehyung crazy, and in the blink of an eye, he was grabbed by Taehyung in the collar. "What are you trying to said?!" Taehyung shouted on his face furiously.

"I feel sorry for her. There was no hope and light on her face like the girl who used to be adored by everyone." he stopped and shook his head. "Maybe, she'll fall in love again with Jungkook if you don't act right away." he laughed and made Taehyung push him back on the couch. He ran his fingers through his hair and glared at the man. The man rested his body on the couch and stared at Taehyung who was still confused.

"Work with me and I will make sure that your lover is safe." he convinced. He really needs someone to help him with his plans, and Taehyung is the right person for that. He can get a lot of influence to work with him and defeat Jungkook. Now, he just needs to persuade Taehyung to trust him. "What guarantee do you have for me to trust you?" he questioned. The man only chuckled darkly before his expression turned cold.

"My life."

-

You were watching television when you heard the sound of the main door being slammed. "What's wrong?" you looked around and saw Jungkook walking towards you. Judging from his expression, you know he's not in a good mood and that scares you. Suddenly, he throws a letter in front of you and makes you look at him, confused.

"Explain what happened!" he shouted, making you jump in fear. Explain what? What have you done to make him so angry? Without wasting time, you take the letter and read every words. You're speechless. The letter is filled with dirty things about you. How the man adores you and how he thought of you in his arms. But the question is, who wrote this letter?

"Look at how he wrote this letter with the feeling as if you were always out with him. Did you cheat behind my back when I went out to work?!" Jungkook snatched the letter and threw it on the floor. He was really mad that you lied to him. He trusts you after you persuade him and gives you a chance to get out, but instead, he gets betrayal in return.

"I don't know about this, kook. Did you forget that I went out with your men and they didn't stop reporting to you about my whereabouts." you squinted. How can he just accuse you just because of a piece of paper? "You're right. If I hadn't taken you out of that cage, of course this wouldn't have happened." he sighed and stared at you as if he were thinking.

"You won't lock me in that cage again, right?!" you scoffed as he grabbed your wrist and dragged you to the basement. "I'm sorry, but that's where you belong to." he said. You shook your head and cried. You don't want to live there anymore. It was very scary and suffocating. "You can't do this to me. I don't know who wrote it, so please don't send me there again." you begged but he just ignored you and pushed you into the cage.

"I shouldn't have taken you out of here. You're only mine and now, no one will see what's mine or even take you away from me."

❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱ ••• ⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊
- To be continued -