chapter 43

Tiara:

I was lying on something warm and hard, a hand weaved through my hair massaging my scalp, making me moan . God that feels good. 

I froze when I heard a chuckle. 

"Do you like that?" 

Eugene

Of course! he was on guard duty yesterday.  

I opened one eye and looked at him and he was already looking at me with a smile. My eyebrows furrowed. Wasn't there a partition between us? When I tried to push away, his hand tightened around me. "Where are the pillows?" I asked trying to push him away again. 

"Good morning to you too, and the pillows are on the floor." He said.

I turned in his arms facing away from him when my eyes fell on the clock. My annoyance increased. "Jesus, it is only seven in the morning Eugene. It is illegal to wake someone up so early" 

I buried my face in the pillow. His hand wrapped around my stomach and pulled me into his chest and buried his face in my hair.

"I thought you knew by this time that everything I do is illegal." he said and pushed his groin into my back. I gasped. How was he so hard in the morning? 

I squirmed.

"Stop doing that" he growled. 

He waited a few seconds before he kissed the side of my neck and his weight was pulled off me. 
I sighed missing his touch. 

"Don't go back to sleep" he ordered. 

Why

I pretended to sleep. 

I should have known better. I yelped and jumped off the bed and looked at him with wide eyes when I felt a sharp sting on my ass.

"You spanked me" I said in disbelief while he smirked at me. 

"Well now that you are awake I can get on with my day" he grinned making my heart flutter and walked out of my room

.

Maybe it was shock or exhaustion, Vicky was down with fever and was resting. I had questions about the whole Miranda situation and only one person could give me the answer. 

I knocked on Emily's door. 

"Come in" she called out. 

Emily was sitting on her rocking chair with her knitting kit abandoned on her lap. 

"How is Vicky doing?" she asked me when I sat beside her but her eyes were cast away to a distance. 

"Resting. Nathan sent medicines. She should be fine soon." 

She nodded. 

"How are you doing Emily?" 

She frowned at me. 

"I saw how happy you were when you saw Miranda. It looked like you were two sisters reunited after war." 

"What are you trying to say?" her frown deepened. 

"If Miranda hurt her children whom you have taken care of after she left, happiness wouldn't have been the emotion you would projected or be mad at Vicky when she snapped at her mother."

Emily confirmed my suspicion when sighed and picked up the sewing needle and began to knit furiously trying to avoid me. 

"Also you go to check on Vicky knowing she is sick" 

"I asked Nathan to send her meds and sent soup to her room." she said with out looking at me. 

Her strange behavior told me something happened to Miranda that forced her to leave.