chapter 17(part a)

Tiara:

The sunset in front of me was so beautiful. On my initial days here in this estate I would come to the lake side to watch it regularly but after the attack I was asked not come here anymore.

Today I spent most of the day with Emily and once she slept I managed to sneak out. After what happened yesterday I didn't want to be alone in the house. With the girls gone the house fell silent. I did not see Eugene all day as well.

It was getting late so I walked back to the house. As I neared the house I saw Arton outside. He was pacing near the main door and talking to someone on the phone while smoking a cigar. He looked really serious.

He stopped and leaned on a pillar looking away from me. Smoke from the cigar emitted around his face like a white blanket. I walked further and was about to get in when I heard him mention the name 'Hernandez'. I froze.

I stood there wondering who he was talking to. What was he talking about?

"Hold on" Arton said to whoever was on the other side and turned around.

He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did you go out to the lake?" he asked me . 

I nodded.

"Alone?" the disapproval in his voice was clear.

I nodded again.

"Really. Did you not learn anything from what happened last time you went there?"

How was I supposed to tell him I did not want to be alone? So I decided to stay quiet.

"Women" he shook his head and sighed. "Get inside now"

I was more than happy to do just that. I rushed inside.

Why did Arton mention the name Hernandez? Of course my bad, the Hernandez's are the enemies so they had to keep a tab on them and directly or indirectly I was one of them. I don't know how long will it take for Eugene and the others to find out who I was.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not see Eugene coming out of his office and I walked right into him. It felt like I hit a wall rather than a man.

"I'm sorry" I said and took a step back in a hurry and stumbled in process.

I would have fallen on the ground if it weren't for his hands that wrapped around my waist instantly.

I held on to his upper arm for support. Even though he was wearing a suit jacket I could feel his firm and rippled muscles beneath my fingers. His brown eyes were looking at me with such intensity that it made my insides melt and my legs became weak. On the contrast it made my heart beat in a new found energy.

All though we stayed in the same house this was the first time I saw him in two days.

I missed him.

My eyes widened at my own thoughts. I cleared my throat and stepped out of his hold.

"I'm sorry" I said and he nodded.

"I came to your room earlier but you weren't there. Where did you go?" he asked me.

Oh lord! I should have seen this coming. Plus perfect timing, nobody was here to save my ass.

Except Emily.

"I asked Emily as well and she said she didn't see you since she woke up and that was" he looked at his watch "Two hours ago. So if you have any other excuses let me know"

His eyes were glaring down at me. Now that Emily was off the list what was I supposed to say? Moreover it is going to be useless. 

"You went to the lake didn't you?" he asked.