chapter 48

MIA'S POV

i dig through my purse while damon fills the car with gas from outside. i find my lipgloss and quickly pull down the car's sun visor for the mirror but when i do, a little piece of paper falls into my lap. it's folded; the paper is wrinkly and looks like it's been terribly torn.

i open it and find a phone number. a phone number? my eyes scan through the numbers over and over again.

my stomach drops and i'm feeling anxious all of a sudden. is it this dress? i'm hot, it's so hot and this dress couldn't be any shorter. i adjust my dress as i shift in my seat.

i'm definitely anxious. i shove the piece of paper into my bag and let out a sigh.

i can feel damon's eyes on me but i don't bother looking back at him. his gaze can be so intense. he pulls onto the door handle a couple times making me realize the door is locked. my headspace is somewhere else, am i jealous? no i'm not. did he fuck her? he probably did. i need to go shopping and get some coffee after this so i can clear my head.

he lightly knocks on the window with his knuckles grabbing my attention, i look at his ink covered hands against the car as he slightly bends forward to look at me through the window.

i unlock the car on my end, trying to avoid his eye contact.

he gets in "are you okay?" turning up the ac.

"why wouldn't i be?" my tone is filled with attitude and rage. i slowly open the visor watching him.

he scrunches his eyebrows confused.

i glide the lipgloss on my lips as i watch through the tiny mirror above me. he doesn't take his eyes off of me nor does he start the car.

"you saw the gun?" his tone is careless.

"the gun?" i gape and turn to him. why am i even surprised.

he remains calm and his calmness is bothering me, i can tell he's trying to read me.

i look around locating the gun and can't seem to find it until i follow damon's eyes to the black thin blanket in the back of his car.

"ugh, i need a coffee damon," i'm going to throw up.

"did i do something?"

i want to scream at him and confront him but this is our first time out in a long time, best thing is to wait.

i shake my head and shift my body towards the window.

"talk to me,"

"i don't want to talk,"

he nods his head and starts the car.

as we get on the road damon will not stop staring at me. i panic from how much he keeps turning his head away from the road to look at me.

"i'm sorry," he begins.

i don't look at him

"can you tell me what i'm sorry for exactly?" damon says slowly.

"watch the road." i demand.

he lets out a chuckle, "i cant get enough of it,"

"what?" i look at him

"you."

i roll my eyes as a smile creeps up onto my face. he grabs onto my wrist and starts planting kisses all over my hands up to my arm.

he puts his hands underneath my dress holding onto my leg giving it a gentle squeeze.

"damon please," i try to speak through damon's touch. "please watch the road." my eyes flutter from pleasure.