Chapter 7

Mia's POV

I can do this. I tell myself standing in front of Damon's door. I can do this. I take a deep breath and let it out. I'm literally shaking because of the last time I saw him.

I cant do this. I walk away from his door but stop when Edward comes to mind. I need to do this for Edward. I cant have Damon hurting Edward again.

I turn back to face the door and lightly knock on it. No one answers. Or maybe I'm making an excuse for me to leave. I knock a bit louder and the door jolts open with Damon shirtless in gym shorts. I blush a little when I see his hard stomach full of tattoos.

"Mia?" He says in a raspy sleepy voice by rubbing his eyes. I quickly take my eyes off of his body and look up at him.

I can tell he was sleeping and I know I came early because I couldn't really sleep last night knowing Damon can hurt Edward again. I'm jumping to conclusions and being a little too dramatic but who knows when it comes to Damon, right?

"Can I come in?" I ask.

He looks at me for awhile and opens the door wider while he moves to the side. I walk in looking at every small aspect in the apartment. It's huge. He closes the door which makes me turn around to him.

"Sit down," he tells me and walks into a room.

I take a seat on the couch and think of what to say first. I knew what I was gonna say when I was coming here, I even practiced. But now my tongue is just tied.

He comes back with a sweatshirt on but he's still wearing his black gym shorts and socks. He sits across from me and stares at me.

"How are you?" I ask him.

"Good,"

"That's good," I slightly smile at him but he keeps a straight face.

"And you?" He asks.

"I'm..fine, thanks for asking," I say, "So this really is your place?"

"For now,"

"It's..." I look around trying to find the best word to describe it.

"New," he finishes for me.

"Yes," I say. I look anywhere but at Damon. He keeps observing me and his stares are intimidating me a lot. He's probably confused on why I'm here so early in the morning.

"Why're you here?" He shoves his hands in his sweatshirt pockets.

"Its Edward.." I look at him to maybe spot a reaction but his expression doesn't change. "He got hurt. Do you know anything about it?" I try to sound as calm as possible.

"Yeah.." he shrugs.

"Did you.."

"That's why you're here? To question me?"

"N-no," i shriek, "I just don't want you getting into any trouble with anyone,"

"Since when do you care?"

I sigh, "Damon, I care about you so much, I always will and that can't change,"

"Admit it, you came here because you care about fucking Edward,"

"I came here because I don't want any tension between you two," I tell him, "I'm just saying that Edward is more fragile than you and he isn't the type of person who can fight or handle getting hurt physically. Please Damon I don't want him getting hurt because of me,"

I try my best to say that Edward's a more sensitive person than Damon, and can easily get hurt physically. Damon's done a lot of things, and went through awful things and he's just experienced more which I hate to admit. I hate to say that he's done rough things because I hate to think that he's actually done those things in the past. It can't happen again. For the sake of both of them.

"Okay." Is all he says.

"You mean that?" my voice is barely audible.

"Yeah—I understand,"

I suddenly feel like I can breathe. He's being so understanding and it's kind of surprising.

I randomly leap towards him and give him a hug not really thinking of what I just did. He doesn't say anything but holds onto me with one of his hand on my lower back. I wrap my arms around him and bury my face into his shoulder. I missed his warm hugs. It's so comforting and that's what I need.

"Thank you for understanding," I say while my head is still on his shoulder.

He doesn't say anything in return but instead pulls me closer that I'm nearly sitting on him. It feels like home with him holding me like this. I don't want to let go of him. Not now.