Chapter 9

Mia's POV

I walk into my dorm finding Zoe holding a card. The card Damon wrote for me on our date.

"What're you doing?" I shriek and walk up to her and try to grab it away from her but she jerks her hand away.

"Damon wrote this?" She sounds shocked, "you've got to be shitting me,"

I finally snatch the card out of her hand.

"I just—I can't believe Damon would even use the word love," she continues to ramble on.

"And you told me you never knew who Damien-I mean Damon was," I put the card in my drawer with my money as I lock it.

"Mia-"

"Why lie?"

"I was just trying to help-"

I huff, "If I needed help I'd desperately ask you Zoe,"

First it was Dias now it's Zoe? Why are they so determined to help me? And every time someone tries to "help" it just gets worse.

"I'm sorry okay," She comes closer to me, "for now on I'd only help you get dressed,"

I chuckle, "that's a plan,"

She grabs me into a hug as I hug her back. She smells like she's been dipped into a strawberry shake and swirled into cotton candy all at once. It's so sweet.

"Is that—you were invited?" Zoe pushes me to aside as she grabs the laminated brochure that is on my bed from Emma, who gave me it for her soirée.

Zoe hugs the brochure like she's in love with it.

"I'm not going," I say taking my boots off.

"What! Why not?" She turns towards me.

"It's just not my thing," I sort of lie. I just don't want to see Emma. I feel like she doesn't like me at all.

"This is a one time thing Mia. Emma never hands these to just anyone. Yeah she's a total cunt but her soirées are like the best, you can't miss it,"

"I'll go if you come with me,"

Zoe screams as she throws the brochure in the air squealing while her hands are around me.

"Sounds like a cat is dying in here," Maddie walks in.

"Mia got invited to the soirée," Zoe excitingly says.

She stops in her track, "How? You literally just got here," Maddie glares at me.

"And I'm gonna be Mia's plus one," Zoe squeals.

"As if," Maddie rolls her eyes.

"Proof," Zoe hands Maddie the brochure.

Maddie observes the brochure but throws it across the floor.

"Guess I'll be seeing you bitches at the soirée," she walks off out of the room.

Zoe quickly picks up the brochure.

"I'm so excited!" She jumps on her bed and plops flat down while holding my brochure on her chest.

...

"This is her place?" I look at the huge freshly pink painted house with a balcony. Yes I said house. She has a house that she owns on her own.

"Uh huh," Zoe answers my question, nodding.

I ring the door bell and a sweet old women opens the door, greeting us inside. The house is spotless and the floors are literally made out of marbles.