Chapter 33

Damon's POV

I watch her lay in my bed, asleep with my sheets over her. I can't seem to take my eyes off of her.

I move the blanket to hold onto her arm, and lift up her sleeve, not seeing the bruise that i made. I immediately let go of her hand before my anger starts boiling just thinking of it. I can feel myself get hotter just from underneath my skin.

My hands trail up to the side of her neck, touching her soft skin. She moans in her sleep and shifts. I then get up from off of the bed and slowly leave a kiss on her forehead.

...

"It's been awhile, Damon." Cory sits in the chair in front of me.

I nod.

He smiles. "We got a lot of catching up to do. Right?"

I nod again.

He observes me for awhile. "Your physiatrist found some detail in your past, I'm wondering if you are new to knowing this."

"What is it?"

"Well Damon just to clear this out, if you don't feel comfortable talking about this, let me know in matters where there's no yelling."

"Okay what is it?" I hastily say.

Cory huffs, "Did you ever experience or have ADHD as child?"

I scoff, "that's it?"

"It's serious Damon. Someone needs to know."

"I don't remember shit."

"Of course, you were only a child." Cory nods. "Do you know what ADHD is?"

"Heard of it."

"When did you hear of this?"

"My brother told me about it."

"Do you remember anything he said?"

"No..." I think harder as Cory gives me time. The it dawns on me. "No um..actually...my brother didn't tell me about it."

Cory watches me carefully.

"I-I remember...um...I found an empty pill bottle in my brothers room with my name on it."

"Hmm, did you read the bottle?"

"Fuck I didn't-I was only thirteen, I mean I barely knew how to read but I-I remember I saw the letters A-D-H-D. Something like that."

"Your parents never gave you those pills to take or never told you about them?"

My eyes start to twitch as I zone out.

"Damon."

"Hm?" I break out of my trans.

"Look, this is probably fucking hard for you to hear and just finding out about these things. But don't blame yourself. Never do that. You're a strong kid, I admire that about you." He pats my shoulder.

I nod once again.

"Can I continue on this subject and ask you some questions involving ADHD?"

I shrug.

"Itll be quick. And it's only for the good of it, so we can help you for your future."

"I don't want help, I'm not some fucking loss cause."

"You're gonna take this opportunity. I'm not letting your pride get in the way, Damon."

"Fuck you." I spit, clenching my jaw.