Chapter 6

Mia's POV

I look through the books on the shelves, browsing which old dusty gigantic book I want to read this time. I bite my upper lip as I tippy toe and look through the high shelves.

When a book falls from behind me making a loud thump, I quickly get startled and look behind me at the book that is flat on the floor. The library has only a couple of people in it and they don't seem to notice anything as their face is buried in their laptop screens or they're writing on stacks of papers with earphones on.

I slowly pick up the book and notice it's a popular book: pride and prejudice. Already read it. I'm about to put it back but when I see a black plain sweatshirt and a familiar tattooed neck behind the space between the books. I realize it's Damon. A stupid smile appears on my face when I notice he's too tall for me to see his face.

I keep the book instead so he doesn't notice I saw the book fall and walk to the next aisle of gorgeous books. But another book falls again making me turn this time finding Damon standing over the book he dropped in the same aisle im in, which frightens me.

I pause and look at him for awhile as he walks closer to me. He couldn't get any closer in this tight space of an aisle. He quickly grabs the book in my hand and reads the title out loud.

"Pride and Prejudice," he says slowly pushing his brows together while his lips are in a straight line. He skips through the pages with his finger so quickly making each paper in the book fly to the other side of the end of the book.

"You can keep it," I walk off but he starts dropping other books on the floor, making two of them thump onto the ground.

A girl looks up at both of us and frowns at me, as she lifts her glasses up with her finger and continues to do what she was doing.

He pushes out a few more books making them all drop at once.

"Damon stop it," i say as more of a whisper, "You're making a lot of noise,"

"I'll stop if you let me take you out tonight," he says with a serious look on his face.

I'm suppose to hang out with Edward tonight. What am I suppose to say?

"I can't," I pout.

He drops another book and another.

"Damon please just stop,"

"Why can't you go out with me tonight?" he gets closer to me as I hit my back against the shelves. My eyes are focused on his lips because I can't look into his eyes any longer.

"I-I" I stutter as his arms block each side of me, gripping his hands on the shelves that I wonder he might push the big shelves down.

"Is it Edward? You going out with Edward instead?" He fumes.

"W-what?" How does he know? How does he even know him? Is he reading my mind?

"Huh?" He raises his voice a little.

"That isn't any of your business," I regret the tone I use when he pushes another stack of books onto the floor making me flinch.

He walks off in total anger hitting his shoulder against a guy who just walked in the library with a full binder, making all the papers drop to the ground.

"This is unbelievable!" The old librarian lady says appearing behind me looking at all of the books on the floor. "Don't come to my library if you can't even take good care of my books," she says looking at me in disappointment, "this better be cleaned up and sorted out the way I had them, and then you can make your way out,"