Chapter 22

Damon's POV

I stand still in front of Richards house. I know if I knock on this door my life will change. And I'm fucking afraid to change. I want to show Mia that I can do this. That I can get better. That I can be better. For her.

I ring the doorbell. Leslie opens the door and looks surprised to see me. I can tell she's judging how I look right now. I don't look my best but that's why I'm here. I couldn't loath myself anymore than how I look. I cant even look at myself in the mirror.

"I thought you'd never show up," she ignores my bruises and swollen, cut face. She looks up at me with a pure smile. I can tell she's staring at my dirty boots and worn out pants but she chooses not to comment. She welcomes me in and I walk inside.

"I must be shrinking. You get taller every time I see you. Atleast the last time I saw you, you actually fit through my doorway," she jokes.

I smile at her when she lets out a laugh.

"Richard is in his office, he'd be delighted to see you," She tells me.

Delighted to see me? That's the first.

She shows me the way to his office. I knock on the door and peek myself through by opening just a little. I find him sitting on his chair while reading a book in his hand with glasses on. He looks up at me and puts his book down on his desk.

"Mr Landers...what brings you here?" I come closer as he gets a better view of my face.

"Damon," I correct him.

"Hmm?"

"You don't have to call me that,"

He smiles and gestures me to sit and I do. It gets silent. Too silent that I lay back on the comfortable couch and spread out my legs.

"Care to explain what happened to your face," he finally speaks.

"No," i flatly say. I didn't come here to chat about my face.

He shakes his head. "I guess I have no choice but to cut you off the field,"

"What?"

"Son, have you looked in the mirror? You look like hell. Playing sports will just mess it up even more,"

"Thanks," I sarcastically say as I get up, ready to fucking leave.

"Sit down," he raises his voice. I look at him for awhile before obliging. "Look, you don't have to tell me shit. But at least try to take care of yourself," he tells me.

I don't say anything as I sit there silently.

"How's classes going for you?" he changes the subject.

I shrug. It gets awkwardly quiet again.

"If you don't speak to me I can't he-"

"Actually," I cut him off, "I'm here because i need help,"

I hate asking people for help.

"What's the problem, Damon?"

"I'm looking for a therapist," I can feel a bile in my throat.

Richard observes me for awhile, "I perhaps know someone who can help. He's a professional and a good friend of mine. I'll talk to him.

"Thank you," my face remains straight.

"Stay out of trouble kid,"

I nod and walk out of his office.

Mia's POV

"Toilet paper?" I say.

"Check," Haylee says.

"Eggs?"

"Check,"

"Tomato sauce?"

"Check,"

"What?" Dias chuckles. "Why do you have a huge bucket of tomato sauce?"

"Don't tell me you've never done this before," Haylee says.

"I egged a couple of houses and a cop car," Dias  tells us.

"I did this when I was in like eighth grade," i say. I remember egging her window and putting buckets of tomato sauce in her pool. It was hard work but it payed off. She was a total bitch to me in middle school, I couldn't care less. People always thought I was some innocent little girl. But that was until someone got on my nerves.

"You are so evil," Dias laughs as she looks into the bucket.

My phone rings and I see Damon's number pop up. I quickly get up and jolt to the bathroom, locking myself in. I catch myself smiling too much that I forget to answer but quickly do.

"Damon?"

"Hey," he begins, "I talked to Austin's father,"

"What did he say?"

"He said he knows someone,"

"And how do you feel about that?"

He takes awhile to answer, "fuck, I don't know?"

"Damon you need this. I'm counting on you,"

"I know you are," he huffs.

"Mia it's getting late!" Haylee shouts.

"In a minute," I tell Haylee.

"Getting late for what?" Damon asks.

"I'll tell you about it later, I promise," I breathe out, "Damon, I'm so proud of you. I know this is out of your comfort zone but that just makes you a stronger person. I love you for that,"

"Yeah," he silently pauses, "I guess so. I'll see you tonight,"

"Okay, see you," my voice tiny.

He hangs up first as my phone is still against my ear. Dias knocks on the bathroom door making me open it.

"You okay?" She looks at my down expression.

"Mhm," I lie.

"Well lets get going with your plan," she pulls onto my arm. "I can't wait," she squeals.

...

"This is his place? It's a whole mansion," Haylee says.

Dias enters his code to open the gate. Haylee and I look at each other confused.

"What?" Dias presses. "I peaked," she smirks.

The gate opens and the three of us start pulling out the toilet paper from our bags then throw it around the trees and house. We egg every window on his car. Dias slashes his tires and we pour a bunch of tomato sauce on his front lawn, ruining his flowers and fresh fake grass.

The lights burst on and we all freeze in shock. Arthur peaks through his window with an exaggerated flushed expression while we drop to the ground so he doesn't see us.

"Run!" Dias whisper-shouts. We all run separate ways and end up to Dias' car...but I notice Dias is missing.

"Where's Dias?" I panic.

"I swear she was right behind me," Haylee looks around.

We sit silently in the car with the sounds of us breathing in and out hastily.

Dias pops her head up near the window, scaring Haylee and myself. She gets in and laughs. "Lets get going bitches!" She woo's out of the window and speeds down the road.

"I can't believe we just did that," Haylee laughs excitingly.

...

Dias parks her car near Damons apartments to drop me off. "Tonight was so much fun Mia. Thank you babe, for everything," she reaches me for a hug.

"He deserved it," I hold her tightly.

I say bye to the both of them and get out of the car, walking up to Damon's apartment.