Chapter 32

Mia's POV

My mind is all over the place, that i couldn't sleep last night, but just stare at the empty ceiling and the little stain around the corner of my dorm room. I'd rather be sleeping by Damon right about now...

It just doesn't feel right. I have this gut feeling that keeps poking me, trying to get this specific thing off my chest. I hate even thinking about what Austin said and did. The fact that Damon didn't do anything to stop Austin bugs me, and protecting him, defending him or even acting like nothing is up, is making me feel slightly uncomfortable being around Damon. What if I was in a position where Haylee was in...I can't even imagine that because I know Damon wouldn't let that happen.

"Mia!" Dias squeals.

"Hey," I get up off the bed.

She widely smiles as she watches me in complete silence.

"You look extra smiley today..." Oh no. I know that smile.

"I think I'm in love." She falls back on the bed.

"You said that about all the guys you've dated, like...William." I turn to face her fully.

"Austin is different-"

"Austin?" I say maybe too defensively. "Aus-umm.." I let out a nervous laugh, but maybe came out more judgmental.

Dias looks up at me like I just yelled in her face or something. "Yeah? And?"

I look away from her, "I just don't think he's the kind of guy you think he is."

She scoffs, "what?"

"Do you even know him?" My words come out hastily.

"No, I fucked some random dude and might be falling for him." She sarcastically adds.

"I wouldn't doubt that."

"I'm sorry what?" She gets up.

Did I say that out loud? My mouth doesn't know when to shut up.

"Dias, i didn't mean it like that-"

"Yes you did. Okay, yeah I fucked around with some guys last summer, but not once did I ever say I was growing feelings for them."

I stay silent.

"I'm just surprised someone like you can say shit like that to your best friend—your cousin."

"Dias I don't trust him."

"Actually I'm not surprised, Damon really reflected on you."

I scoff, "what's that suppose to mean?"

"Mia you know exactly what that means."

"I'm only looking out for you and if that comes to the point where I have to be brutally honest, I will. You shouldn't always trust someone so quick."

"Maybe you should worry about your boyfriend before you start judging Austin. Because Damon isn't perfect either."

"Thats not the point. How does this have anything to do with Damon?" My voice breaks.

She turns on her heels to face me: I'm still seated.

"I'm tired of Damon being around, I hate him and he dislikes me, haven't you noticed already! No of course not because your so quick to go on his side. Ever since he came to New York and had this...claim on you." Her face forms into disgust, " it's been driving me crazy, like do you have any respect for yourself? Letting Damon treat you like that? but I still supported you, i didn't once put your feelings down towards him. I was always there for you, when he wasn't. And now look at you, can't even be happy that I'm happy."