Chapter 2

As I hurry to my class, I look inside my purse to see if I have any extra pencils, papers, erasers, pens, pencil sharpener-okay I'm getting too nervous and I'm getting way out of hand now. I need to calm down and take a...breath.

The corner of my eye leads to the side of me as I find..Damon...literally Damon! I swear I thought he was permanently out of my life and now I see him..working out in the gym? In the NYU gym. Who does he think he is? He thinks he can come here and sabotage my life, new life. How dare he.

Without realizing I'm standing right in front of him as he looks at me with his lazy eyes and puts back the heavy weight up on its handles but stays seated. I can tell he's checking me out with his eyes grazing my legs as his legs spread apart, because I decided to wear a skirt today with high black boots. I cant help myself by not staring at his arms and him raising his shirt to wipe off the sweat off his head.

"Why are you here?" I say by crossing my arms.

"Same reason you're here," he says in a serious tone.

"I doubt that-"

"Well I'm not here for you," he cuts me off.

"I-I didn't say you were here for me?" My voice turns out small as I uncross my arms and lift up my purse that's been sliding down my arm. "I just never thought university..nor college was something that ever crossed your mind,"

"People change," his eyes sharply rapid into mine.

"Right," I whisper to myself.

"Hey, Damon. Your Damon right?" A girl with short brunette hair appears in gym clothes: leggings and a crop top.

Damon nods at her once.

"Last night was really fun. So I was hoping I'll see you at the party tonight?," she puts her hand on his collar.

"Sure," he reply's. The girl leaves waving and smiling at me. I fake a smile back at her.

Damon continues to lift his big weights as if I'm not even here. I don't say anything but leave the stinky gym. The air is too thick and I can't breathe.

I was hoping for him to call out my name like he always does but...he doesn't. And now I walk to class teared into pieces, feeling like crap.

The whole morning I couldn't focus in class. My professor even had to talk to me about how blankly I've been acting. At lunch I started calling and sending text messages to Dias but she won't answer. Ugh right, she has this lunch date with this guy she's been talking to recently.

I call Edward instead and he tells me to meet him in the library as I do.

Damon's POV

"She's hot," Austin says.

"Her head game sucks," Xavier refers.

"She's still fucking hot," he defends.

"Who are you taking to the party?" Joe asks me.

I shrug as I put my practice gear into the lockers that's in the boys change room.

"Don't tell no one, but maddie asked me to go with her to the party tonight," he smiles widely.

"And?"

"What do I tell Austin and Xavier?"

"You know she's using you right?" I tell him.

"What if she's changed? What if she actually likes me? Should I give her a chance?"

"People never change," I slam my locker shut.

Mia's POV

Edward puts a pack of marshmallows into his mouth as I add one more. His cheeks are puffy and I can't help but laugh contagiously. He laughs as well, making the marshmallows fall out of his mouth.

"Shhh," the librarian forcibly says which makes us laugh even more. Edward said the librarian once pulled his ear out of here once in front of everyone which is why he dislikes her. I just think the story is funny.

"I was wondering where you wanted to go next week since I'm busy this week," Edward says.

"Next week?" I squint at him. "Like a.."

"Like a date?" He minimizes his voice as mine and makes that expression I made the last time I said those words to him.

"Shut up," I smack his arm.

"A date with Edward? Ew what a loser," He carries on the joke still mocking my voice.

"I would love to go out with you," I say to shut him up mostly.

He smiles and looks at me for awhile. Maybe expecting a kiss? I don't know why but I just can't come to it. After seeing Damon, I just cant.

"I'll see you," I quickly get up and leave while quickly grabbing my books. He watches me confused as I practically run out of the library.

...

"Hey it's Mia..I really need some Dias advice so if you can call me back that'll be a life saver," I press send my voice mail.

"Advice huh?" Polly doll says. Or should I say thee Polly doll says. "About what? A boy?" She sits cross legged on my bed and seems interested.

"Maybe, sort of, i don't know." I sound desperate, I need advice quick and now.

"Girl, you really need someone to talk to, so spill,"

"It's this guy, we've had this huge break up after so much thats happened between us two and when I saw him today it..." i can feel myself going to cry, "it felt like he didn't care at all,"

She looks at me for a moment, "I'm so sorry sweetie," her voice purring again.

"So he goes here?" She mentions.

I nod saying yes.

"What's...his name?...let me drag him," she fake laughs.

"Damon, his name is Damon,"

She pauses for awhile blankly staring down "Oh Damon? Never heard of him?" She says getting off the bed, "why don't you come to the party with maddie and I?"

"I don't think so-"

"Come on, it'll be really fun. Plus you need to get over..Damian? Is it?"

"Damon,"

"Right.." she says, "now get up and lets go to maddie's place to get ready," she pulls both of my hands to get up off the bed.