Chapter 34

Damon's POV

I peek my head into Mia's classroom but the room is empty. I'm late. I told Mia I'd meet her here but I was busy talking to Emma. Fuck, that sounds even worse saying it.

Emma decided that we should do the project together, since the class got quiet when i needed a partner. Doesn't bother me because I'm use to people being afraid of me. I was planning to do the project on my own and maybe ask Mia for help but apparently I need a partner and Emma wouldn't fucking stop talking to me about it. I had no fucking choice. I don't know how Mia would feel about that.

I go straight to the library knowing Mia is probably there. But as I'm going that way, I see Emma by the door handing out papers for a party she's throwing this weekend. I turn the other way around and go to the back doors of the library—the emergency door exit, knowing she won't stop talking to me. Fuck it, I did it last time and didn't get caught, no one will find out-

"You really think I'd let you go this time?" Mrs Winsley, the librarian says as she grabs a hold of my ear. "You sneaky little bastard."

I hunch a little to her height as she pulls onto my ear, leading me out of the library. "Has anyone ever told you how stunning you look today." I tell her as her pinches make me squint in a little pain.

"Oh so I only look stunning today? Yeah very smooth landers, but no. And misses for you, misses." Her voice is high pitched but shaky.

"It won't happen again."

She lets go of my ear. "I'll make an exception, but no loudness and fooling around in my library like last time with your buddies, you hear."

I nod.

She walks off from me.

I touch my now red swollen ear, irritated.

I look through each aisle until I find Mia: tippy toeing to grab a book off the shelve. I watch her struggle to get it for a second and I'm about to walk over to help her but Edward helps her before i do. They laugh and stare at each other. I glare at him. At the both of them.

I should go, I tell myself.

Nah, I should go hit his head against the shelve.

No don't do that. Mia will hate you.

Damon just go, don't be a fucking pussy.

No Damon. Don't go.

Go.

No.

Go!

"No!" I hit the shelve with my fist as they both turn their heads at me in shock. Mia says something to Edward as she hands the book to him while her eyes are on me but her expression is flushed.

Did I say that out fucking loud?

"Damon?" Mia comes closer to me but I only move back. I don't want to hurt her. but that doesn't stop her as she keeps walking closer to me.

Breathe. Just breathe. My hands start to shake.

One of her hand grabs a hold of my shaking hand as her other hand trail up to my chest and leaves a wet kiss on my cheek.

I finally let out that fucking breath.

"You okay?" She caresses my cheek, then lays the back of her hand on my forehead, I move away from her touch. "You're heating up."